Chapter 24

"What?" That was the only word that came out of my mouth.

"I know it's very hard to comprehend all of this. I've been through it. We've all been, actually," she gestured to everyone in the room.

I laughed at her, "Okay...is this some sort of sick joke or something?"

Anna shook her head with a small frown on her face, "No. We're completely serious, Delilah. We're like you."

"You mean a regular witch and wolf," I replied. I'm one-hundred percent sure that's what I was.

"No. You are a hybrid," Anna replied.

"Hybrid. Is that what you guys call it?"

Anna nodded her head, "Yes. We are hybrids and we are a very rare species."

I suddenly start to feel dizzy. The guy from earlier rushed over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder while I tried to regain my composure, "Whoa. Are you okay?"

I blinked at him slowly, "This is all just...really hard for me to take in. Every time I turn around there's a new mystery or problem concerning me and it's all overwhelming."

Anna had pity in her eyes as she walked over to me and handed me the food, "It's only because you're new to all this. Usually, hybrids learn everything about their nature from young. I don't understand why your guardians haven't explained any of this to you. I know it's a lot to take in and you must have so many questions; questions that I have the answers for."

I accepted the whole plate of food as my ears perked up at the sound of getting answers, "You have answers?"

Anna nodded her head, "You can ask me anything. It's time you come into the light about who you really are."

I let out a sigh of relief. I was finally going to get answers. "So, I'm a hybrid?" I sat back down on the bed, still trying to process this new information.

"Yes. Half werewolf and half witch."

"Why am I only turning into a hybrid now? How come it didn't happen sooner?" I took a bite of the food and moaned. Dang, it was good.

"In order to complete the transition, one must have hybrid blood and must look at the special full moon that occurs every century. Only then will someone become a full hybrid," Anna explained.

"Wait...does that mean someone in my family was a hybrid?" My eyes automatically widened.

"Yes," Anna nodded her head.

"I don't understand. My mother never told me any of this, neither did my grandmother. Why would they keep something like this from me?"

"To protect you."

I scoffed at that, "Everyone is always trying to protect me. I don't need protecting. I can protect myself."

"I understand that, but hybrids are a rare species and it is important that we protect each other."

I desperately wanted to get the heck out of here and find my way back home. Unfortunately, I didn't have any money, I don't know anyone here, and it's not like I can teleport myself out of here. I don't even know how I did it or what triggered it in the first place.

"I have another question. I was training with other witches and then all of a sudden I'm surrounded by grey smoke and then I find myself in the streets of Paris. That means I teleported...right?"

Anna nodded her head, "Yes you did. One of your abilities is teleportation. You have the ability to move instantaneously from one location to another. Teleportation can also be called geo-leaping, phase-jumping, or spatial movement," Anna explained thoroughly as she sat down next to me on the bed.