Chapter 7

Is Nathan playing some sort of joke on me? Who the hell is this lady?

"Nice try, lady. I don't know who the hell you are, but I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to fool me."

"I'm not fooling you. I am your grandmother."

"You look way too young to even be anyone's grandmother," I scoffed.

She looked so young and pretty. How could she possibly be my grandmother?

She let out a loud laugh, "You're still as stubborn as you were when you were just a child."

"You're creeping me out, lady."

"Stop calling me lady, young lady! I have a name," she snapped at me.

"Oh, granny got bite," I chuckled. "Well, I don't know your name so I'll call you lady."

She was beginning to test my patience.

"My name is Esme."

"Good to know. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be going now," I dismissed Esme as I turned the bathroom doorknob. When it didn't open, I looked back at her with a poker face.

"Did you lock the door?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Maybe," she smirked.

I let out an exasperating sigh. What in the world does this lady want from me? Nathan is probably wondering what the hell I'm doing—oh shit! I totally forgot about him.

I turned the doorknob again and to my surprise, it opened. I noticed Nathan leaning against the wall beside the door and as soon as he saw me, he cupped my face with an angry expression on his.

"What took you so long in there? And who the hell were you talking to?" he growled angrily.

"She was talking to me," Esme said as she stepped out of the bathroom.

Nathan let out a low growl and quickly pulled me behind him as if someone was trying to attack me.

What is his problem?

"What is that witch doing here?" Nathan growled.

"You're a witch?" I asked in shock. "Wait, don't answer that. It's obvious that you are. How else would you have gotten into the bathroom?"

Esme smirked at me, "Smart girl. And no need for all the growling. I'm not here to hurt any of you. I came here to talk with my granddaughter."

"No. I won't allow it," Nathan grumbled.

I pulled him back by his arm and glared up at him, "What is your problem?"

"She's my problem," he growled, pointing back at Esme who was staring at us with a small smirk on her face.

Creepy much?

"She hasn't done anything wrong. How could you have a problem with her?"

"She's a witch. That's why," he growled once more.

"Wait. I remember my mother telling me that witches are supposed to be extinct."

According to my mother, witches and warlocks became extinct a century ago, but if that is true, how could Esme be a witch? Did my mother lie to me?

"Witches are not extinct. Your mother should've known better than to lie to you," Esme explained.

I frowned at her response. Why would my mother lie about that? What else is she lying about?