Chapter 4: Heroic Action

(Nathan heard a voice echoing in his head.)

Man voice: "Hellooo...wake up, amigo. Rise and shine." (Nathan eyes slowly open.)

Man voice: "That's it, amigo. Wake up. Come on, that's it. Open those pretty blue eyes..." (Nathan groans and opened his eyes. His vision became blurry.)

Man voice: "Earth to amigo. Can you hear me?"

Nathan: "Yes..."

Man voice: "Good! Then wake the hell up, hermano!" (He slaps Nathan in the face and his eyes became wide and clear.)

Man voice: "Do you know how f****** stupid you are? Why the f*** do you people keep coming to this damn island? I mean, is it really that beautiful? Really?! Well, I admire your taste, my friends. Welcome to my base camp! It's not that clean, but you know I love company." (He laughs and his pirate crew laughs with him. Sully woke up from his knockout and looks around.)

Sully: "Where the hell are we, kid?"

Man voice: "Look, his grandpappy is awake. Hey, amigo! You're on my island! Are you deaf?!"

Sully: "I can hear you clearly."

Man voice: "Good, then I wouldn't have been yelling so loud! Do you know who I am?"

Nathan: "You're Vaas."

Vaas: "That's correct. I'm so sorry about the whole thing you just encountered, but you know my men can get carried away with murder sometimes, like my friend. His name was Grant. Charming young man and he died about 10 seconds just talking about leaving this island so they can go home. You wanna know the reason why he died 10 seconds?"

Nathan: "Not really."

Sully: "Nope."

Vaas: "Well, too bad because I'm gonna tell you anyway. He died 10 seconds because I shot him. Poor poor Grant, man. He didn't even live to say goodbye to Jason. Oh well, rest in peace. So, I have a question for you two gentlemen. Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" (They both sat quietly and they saw Jason walking up behind one of the pirates and took him down with his knife.)

Vaas: "No? Well, then I will tell you what means. Insanity is doing the exact same f****** thing, over and over and over and over again, thinking this time will be different. That's my definition. That's it. So, that's why you can't leave this island because it's just not fair. You guys go wherever you freaking like and I stay here on this damn island. With no friends, but I know that you guys met someone before you arrived here. Is that right, amigos? Am I right?"

Nathan: "I have no idea what you are talking about, man. We just came here looking for a coin and that's it." (Vaas punched Nathan.)

Sully: "Hey!"

Vaas: "Shut the hell up, grandpappy or you're next! Don't lie to me, amigo! I have no patience whatsoever, so you better spill the beans or you spill your own f******* blood! Have you been with someone before you came here? Yes, or no?"

Nathan: "No, that's the truth."

Vaas: "Really? Okay, I'm gonna wait over here and calm down my nerves before I lose my freaking mind."

Sully: (whispers) "Hey, kid. Where's Jason?" (Nathan shrugs his shoulders.)

Vaas: "Okay, then. Let's try this again." (He gets back up and grabs Nathan with a gun to his chin.)

Sully: "Nate!" (Jason came up behind Sully and Sully turned his head around worried and saw Jason untying him. He puts his finger over his mouth to shush him and he points to the pirate in front of him so Sully can grab him. Jason took out his pistol armed and ready waiting for the right signal to fire.)