Someones watching me... Intro

Hi, I'm Clara. I'm 9 years old and I live in Manchester. Yesterday, there was a big crash outside my bedroom window.

I awoke, scared. I didn't know what it was.... I went to my window and saw... Nothing. But, what I didn't know was that something was about to follow. To follow me for the rest of my life, and only I, could stop them. Form that point on, it was my responsibility. As I turned round, I saw a strange man standing in my bedroom. I screamed and so did he,

"Wait," he whispered, "no need to be afraid, I am the d-" he paused because he heard my mum calling me asking me if I were ok. He hid under my bed and I had to hurry back into bed.

"Is everything ok Clara? Why were you screaming? Why did I hear a man at he same time?" She asked, I didn't know what to say. I just made up some rubbish. I told her I must've ben sleep walking again and imagined I heard something, , the man scream could have been daddy sleepwalking downstairs again, trying to get to the fridge." I had to make something up. I couldn't tell her i had a stranger referred to as 'the d-' creep into my room could I? She nodded and went back to bed. As soon as she shut my door, the strange man came out from under the bed and he smiled at me, " I will be back Clara, in 16 years time. I'm the doctor. " the he opened the window and jumped out.

" oh, and don't blink." That was his last few words to me. What did it mean?

What will happen to me in 16 years? I wondered to myself. What is my fate, my destiny? What will I become....