Chapter 6

HYUNSIK'S POV

"I got a nice gig for you." Eunkwang said while we were hanging out at his place.

His house is always unbelievably clean. It's located downtown and it's where I spend most of my time when I'm free.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Tada~" He said and handed me a piece of flyer.

Get a chance to show your art to the world.
Paint your future.
Submission starts on September 1st until October 1st only! JOIN NOW.

"What is this exactly?" I asked.

Eunkwang frowned and sat across the center table of his living room. "You paint, submit it to them and if you win, they'll provide your first ever art exhibition. Isn't it great?"

I set my sketchpad aside and looked at him. "Is that for real?"

He nodded. "You're in?"

I grinned. "Of course."

We fist-bumped and I got up to rummage his fridge for something to drink. "Yah aren't you getting married? Your fridge is as lonely as you are." I said, looking inside of his fridge full of bottled water.

"Aish... just drink water!" He said in an annoyed tone that made me grin. I took a bottled water and begun drinking. "What are you working on lately? What is this?" He asked.

I spit out the water, threw the bottle on the sink and ran towards him. "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" I yelled flying to the couch.

"Ooowwwwㅡ my bonesㅡ" Eunkwang whined. I landed on his top, I heard his arm bones made a cracking sound. "What is wrong with you! Why are you so sensitive! You used to let me see your sketches!"

I sighed deeply and grabbed my sketchpad before sitting up straight beside him. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm not!" He yelled. "Aish..."

I hugged the sketchpad in my arms and pulled it against my chest. My jaw dropped when Eunkwang suddenly started laughing. "Yah! Who's that girl?"

"W-what girl?"

"That girl has about four sketches there. Are you dating? Do you like someone?"

"N-no!" I denied quickly.

"Aaahh..." Eunkwang said, pouting. "You can't date before me. I'll be doomed."

I frowned. "I'm not dating!"

"You can't like someone before I do." He said.

"I don't like anyone, okay?"

"Then who's that girl?"

I looked down to my sketchpad. "She's invented."

"I don't believe you!"

"Believe whatever you want to believe!"

● ● ※ ● ●

JUNE'S POV

I was watering the flowers with Hyunsik and Gayoung halmeoni when he suddenly asked a question, "Is your family well off?"

I looked at him. "Um, yes. Why?"

He shrugged. "Seems like." He said and turned his back.

"Why?" I asked again.

"What why?" He asked back, frowning.

"Just why?"

"Aish, you!" He said and turned the hose towards me very quickly, soaking my shirt a little.