Chapter 14

The King didn't know how to feel. It's like Jihoon's ghost is hunting him knowing that his daughter is in contact of that person's son.

He passed a look on the new pictures taken at Im Hyunsik's art exhibition. He's undeniably an amazing artist, like his father once was before poverty went on the way and the King took him in, gave him a job, a money to feed his family.

He looked at the paintings of his own daughter who never smiled at any of their family pictures. Something about Junhee's smile on the paintings triggered his heart, reviving the guilt he had buried long time ago.

He leaned his back on the couch and inhaled a deep breath as the memories flooded his mind.

"You can't hide that forever, mom. He killed him. How can you... how can you be on his side when... whenㅡ" Jintaek froze when he heard dried leaves getting stepped on by someone. He turned around and saw his driver, his friend Jihoon.

"Who is that, Jintaek? What is happening? Did someone hear you?" The Queen asked.

He hung up the phone to face his friend. Jihoon's face was pale in shock. "Y-Your Highness, I-I didn't mean toㅡ"

"Why are you suddenly calling me Your Highness?" He asked him.

They've decided long time ago to drop the address and formalities between them when they're alone together.

"J-Jintaekㅡ"

Before he knew it, the prince had fallen on his knees. Jihoon came to help him immediately.

"You heard it right. My father... the King killed someone."

"W-who?"

"Does it matter who it is? He killed a person! A human being! He is a criminal!"

"Jintaekㅡ"

"I don't know how to face him again, Jihoon-ah... How can I..."

"Nobody will know about this." Jihoon said in a firm voice that steadied him. He looked at his friend, wide-eyed, tears spilling from his eyes. "Your secret's safe with me." He uttered and pulled him in a hug.

● ● ※ ● ●

JUNE'S POV

"There you go. New phone. You owe me hundreds, Your Highness." Donggeun said, frowning after he tossed the new box of cellphone towards my bed.

I grabbed it immediately, grinning. "Ugh! You're the best, Geunie."

"Aish! This is not fair. What do you do for me? I made you fake documents, kept my mouth shut while you were in hidingㅡ"

"I wasn't really hiding!"

"Whatever. I drove you in a quick flash when you were chasing for something called love. I prevented you from being broadcasted all around the world kissing a mystery guyㅡ now, you asked me to buy you a brand new cellphone with my money. And an annoying reporter is bugging mine every freakin' minute!"

I breathed out and smiled. "Wow, you did so much for me." I said in awe.

"Wow," He repeated, mockingly. "You better pay me back someday."

"Look, thank you is not enough, I know but... man, you're awesome."

He shrugged, smirking. "Of course, I am."