Chapter 7

JUNE'S POV

The next morning, I and Hyunsik came out of our rooms at the same time. I rubbed my eyelids and said, "Good morning."

He nodded silently and kept on walking. I clenched my fist, holding my toothbrush tighter and ran to the bathroom before he gets there.

"YAAAAH! JUNE HAN!" He yelled and ran after me.

I laughed my evil laugh and immediately closed the bathroom door. Thankfully, Haeseong had fixed the lock. I wanted to open it just to stick my tongue out at Hyunsik.

I chuckled and brushed my teeth.

I opened the door expecting Hyunsik's scowl face but instead, he was calm while waiting for me.

"Thanks for letting meㅡ AAAAAHHHHH!" I squealed when I stepped on something cold and wet on the floor. I wasn't wearing my slippers and when I looked down, it was a toothpaste. I looked up at Hyunsik who was chuckling, even covering his mouth.

"IM HYUNSIK!" I yelled and he ran outside the house. I was about to run after him when I remembered the toothpaste on my foot. I cringe and went back inside the bathroom to rinse it off.

"Why are you two so loud early in the morning? You're gonna wake up the neighbors." Gayoung halmeoni said during breakfast. I glared at Hyunsik and he shrugged.

That scene happened every time we would come out of our rooms at the same time for the next few days. We raced to the bathroom and glared at each other during breakfast. The old couple find it rather amusing and they keep on exchanging meaningful smiles and looks at each other.

I received my paycheck from the flower shop at the end of the month which I decided to treat the old couple out to dine and of course, Hyunsik.

"Aigoo, we shouldn't be doing this. It's your first paycheck." Gayoung halmeoni said.

"It's my first paycheck and I should do what I want with it and... I wanna treat you out so bad." I said smiling.

"It really feels like we gained a grand-daughter." Haeseong said.

"She's a pain in the butt." Hyunsik commented, frowning.

"Yah!"

"Why? It's true."

"It's not."

"You should let me use the bathroom firstㅡ"

"Why?"

"It's my house!"

"Yah, when I signed the house contract there was no rule that said 'Make Im Hyunsik use the bathroom first'." I said.

The old couple laughed. "Aigoo, you two. Stop now. We're in public." Gayoung said.

I frowned at Hyunsik and he glared at me.

"But Gayoung-ah, didn't we use to be like them in the old days? We argued here and there... later on, we realized what we really feel about each other." Haeseong said.

Both Hyunsik and I choked on our food. I coughed til my face was burning red. I gulped one glass of water and breathed out.

"What are you talking about?"

"What did you feel about each other?"

I and Hyunsik asked at the same time.

Gayoung and Haeseong looked at each other and by the look in their eyes, I think I know even before they answered. "Love." They said.