A friend

Still in the past
   You were in school with your brother,Jeremy. It was few weeks after Elijah saved you from Klaus and you two met few times durning these weeks and you became close. It was Math class, you hated math so you decided yo read a book that Elijah gave you. You were reading and didn't pay attention to teacher so you didn't notice that he was giving you question. "(Y/n).." Jeremy shook you softly "oh.." You looked at him and he mentioned to you to look at the teacher so you did. "I'll see you after school, Ms. Gilbert and give me that book" you looked at him "but.." Teacher frowned so you put book at his table and went back to sit.

   So you had detention. "Ugh" you were supposed to meet up with Elijah. You took out phone to call him, telling him you had detention for reading durning class. "Ohh I'll be there, sweetheart. I'll fix it for you" he said with a chuckle. You sat in class and waited for the teacher but teacher didn't come. Instead of him came Elijah. "Hello, (y/n)" Elijah smiled and sat on the teacher's table. "Hi" you smiled at him. "Well isn't this yours ?" He showed you the book. You smiled and he put it on your table. You gave him a hug and he wrapped arms around you, stroking your hair. "Thank you" you whispered and he smile. "You're welcome" He pulled back from the hug and smiled. "Let's go. I'm gonna show you something" he offered you to hold onto his arm and you walked with him. He took you to a cliff and you two sat down to watch sundown. He had one arm around you and you watched the sky. "It's beautiful" you said and smiled. "Yeah it is" Elijah smiled and looked at you. He was looking into your eyes. He was slowly leaning in but just before your lips touched he moved his lips up to your forehead, keeping his lips there for a while. "I'll take you home" He said. "Elena would kill me if I'd take you home late" he chuckled and you smiled. He helped you to stand up.

   You walked on the street. Side by side and you Elijah told you stories about his family. You liked to listen to his stories. His voice were so calming. When you were in front of your house he gave you kiss on your hand. "Good night" he whisperer. "Night,Elijah" you kissed his cheek and went to your door, walking in. "Sooo How was your date with Elijah ?" Jeremy teased you and you came to couch, throwing a pillow on him. "It wasn't a date !" Laughing.

  This is how it went. You were best friends but you had some feelings for him. Never telling him how you felt. But one day when you woke up you found a letter on a pillow next to your head. You sat up and started to read.

   "Dear (y/n),
I know this isn't very nice way to say goodbye but trust me. Its best for now. I have to leave the town. Klaus is again in troubles that I have to fix. Please, don't be sad. One day, we will meet again. I'm going to miss you, sweetheart. Take care of yourself.."
- Elijah

  He's gone ? No he can't be ! I wanted to cry cause now I've lost my best friend, I was sure I'm never going to meet him again.

   Present time

   Goodbye Mystic Falls. Welcome New Orleans. I was now a college student. I had a roommate and great life. Yes, I missed my best  friend. I haven't see him for 2 years now. Well...I gave up on meeting him again.

After fee weeks of going to school again I went to library and I reached for a book from Shakespeare but the book fell out of the shelf from the other side, hitting someone to head. "Oh my god, sorry !" I ran there "I'm sorry I didn't mean to.." I froze when I saw him. "Elijah ?" I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him there. He was shocked as well. "Y/n !" He smiled. Placing the book on a table and ran to hug you. You hugged him tightly back. When he pulled back he still held your arms, looking at you. "You look stunning" he smiled, stroking your cheek. You blushed and smiled, looking at him "You look amazing as well." He smiled. "What are you doing here ?" He asked. "College and you ?" "I..live Here" he said. You looked at him "I missed you..." You looked down. He put hand on your cheek so you looked at him as he placed a soft kiss of your forehead