Chapter 23: Seto's Legacy

Skylar's P.O.V
*Four weeks Later*
I bite my bottom lip back staring at my hands. I look up a little and at my bag with my stuff in it in front of me. I stand back up. I'm back at Seto's and mine's old home. I go into the hallway and open the door to Seto's room. I stand there for a second. His funeral was three weeks ago and I still feel like he is still here.

Seto was titled as a Fallen Hero, but that's only to the Army Bases. The Kingdom has him as a killed Dark Mage. So he is put as a villain in the books. But the Army Bases know Seto isn't a villain, he's a hero. He saved all of us at the cost of his own life. I sit on his bed.

Seto will always be a hero to me. He basically raised me since I was six. He's like my dad or big brother I never had. I look around. I see a book sitting on the desk. I get up and open it up. This is his spellbook. I open it up and read it. He did create a lot of spells. I flip through the pages and then blank with writing on it what seems like a letter to me.

Skylar,
Watched you grown up from six to well..a woman. Weird to think about that. Years go by don't they? I thought why not to give you three things that will help you as you get older.

I know that someday I won't be here for you anymore. Before I found you, you might think that I couldn't help but magic up over the many years. But you need the key. The key is in my desk somewhere...where it goes...you know where my favorite place to just be is. Search around there, think like me and take care of the place you find for me. Everything you need to know about anything in there is written down cause I would honestly forget too.

But one more thing...the spellbook. I don't have need for my spellbook anymore. So it's yours now. Learn the spells I created one by one and create spells of your own. Just please be careful while doing so.

I never told you what happened the day I found you and took you in. Truth be told you being sorceresses was a shock to even me. Found a little cute girl abandoned, no home or family...you kind of reminded me of myself when I was younger kind of. Your like the daughter I never had and I love you. I know I don't say that usually to you, but I really do. Totally in a family way type of love. I don't regret finding you the day we first meant and I couldn't be more proud of all the achievements you have accomplished and the many more to come.

I know I may be a pain at times, so are you, but it's hard to raise a child when you never actually knew what a real family was. You'll grown to an amazing person and you'll fly far without needing me anymore.

You'll make mistakes, cause..well I know you, you make a lot of them. Kidding...anyway you got friends that will help you out. You can't depend on me anymore Skylar. You say that you don't need me as much anymore, yet you constantly prove otherwise. I'm sure Jason will be happy to help with whatever problem you may have.

Sky, Ty, Jason, Quentin, Ian, Jerome, and Mitch are a bunch of goofballs and have problems of their own, but they are great people who give second chances even to those who don't deserve them. Trust me, I know. They gave me a second chance and not a day goes by where I haven't regretted that decision.

Plus Dylan and Seanna, you three together are like inseparable.

And Emerald I know will always be there for you if you ever need it.

I'll miss you Skylar and don't lose that optimistic attitude of yours. You make a lot of people smile when they don't want to, even me and I love that about you.

You'll always be that little six year old to me Skylar cause I never wanted you to leave. You were the thing that made my dark past disappear from my mind.