Chapter 20

Abigail's pov

Percy and I were sent to pack and when we were through we met up in my father's throne room, we told him we were leaving and said our goodbyes then we exited the underworld.

We walked through the woods and had almost reached the property line when we were stopped dead in our tracks.

Monsters, everywhere, we had seen almost every monster there was to see in the underworld so nothing really surprised us, but these monsters were unlike anything we had seen before they were literally sucking the life out of thalia's tree making the protection around camp look rubbery and worn out.

we saw the campers on the other side of the property line doing everything they could to try and stop the monsters from breaking through but nothing seemed to work.

i looked at Percy and he seemed to be accessing the situation.

I was about to run into battle when Percy pulled me back and dragged me to the floor.

Let me go, I said. We should help them.

We will, but look at the situation first; regular attacks don't work on them we'll need to use something more than swords or spears.

I looked at him, what about fire, I asked?

Which one, he asked.

Greek fire, I replied.

Hmm, it might work, he said. Let s try it.

Put your hood up.

We lit our bodies with regular fire and jumped into battle one by one the monsters fell but began to reform.

Percy and I were standing back to back wondering how we would get out of this one.

Percy, I said. Are you ready?

Yeah, let's do it.

Together we increased the intensity of the fire on our bodies and soon enough it turned green. Greek fire.

Percy and I flashed high above the trees and began to descend.

One big ball of flame.

We collided with the floor disintegrating the monsters and sending them to Tartarus and some to Hades to find out what it was.

We walked towards Thalia's tree which was looking a bit better and set up a barrier of fire around it then walked into camp.