Love Me For Me (Ziall)

Summary: Niall has been hiding his sexuality from his bandmates for a long time, especially Zayn. Finally, he gets tired of Zayn not knowing how he feels, so despite the fear, he tells him.

Warnings: homophobic behavior, homophobe!Zayn, angst

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phone rings

Don't wanna pick it up

I'm so scared

I'm gonna say too much

I tip toe around your questions

Why you gotta dig so deep?

My phone rings for the fifth time in the last ten minutes. I'm terrified to answer because I know what he's gonna say. I've been avoiding him for the whole week we've been on vacation. I can't answer his questions, it'll ruin everything. And I can't have that. Why does he even care so much? He wouldn't if he knew why. But maybe I should answer, I’ve avoided the question this long, maybe I could hold off a bit more? I doubt it. And the thoughts of what would happen if he ever found out are enough to make me not answer his calls for the whole day.

Tears fall

And the glasses break

Inside these walls

The floor boards shake

But from outside

It's alright

Long as you looking from fifty feet

This is what I've wanted. To separate myself from him, maybe the feelings would go away. But they didn't. And it hurts more than it should that he won't even come near me, settling for a bit of eye contact and timid smiles. He looks so sad, but I can't risk it. If I don't do this, I could possibly lose my best friend. He would be repulsed by me if he found out. As soon as these feelings that I have for him go away, things can go back to normal. Until then, crying will have to do. But i have to keep it in, no one can see me weak like that. They'd know and then he'd find out.

I been trying trying

Hold my head up high

I been lying lying

Keeping it all inside

Trying not to trust you, yeah

Take another leaf, I'm a book yeah yeah?

It's hard. So hard to keep this up. In the inside, I'm breaking. But on the outside, I'm fine. I have to be. He's the only person who brings up the subject. Everyone can tell that something is wrong, but he's the only one that ever says anything to me about it. "You know you can tell me any and everything. You're my best friend." Ouch. "There's nothing to tell. I'm fine. Could you go now?" Sadness clouds his eyes, his beautiful, beautiful eyes, as he backs away. "I'm sorry. For whatever it is I did wrong. I'm so sorry. I miss you. Let me know when you're ready to talk, yeah?" He says, leaving before I can say anything. When I'm sure he's gone, I slide down the door and cry on the floor. He doesn't understand.

I'm done, I give up

I don't wanna pretend no more

That's it, so what?