Chapter 2

"From this moment on, Until you earn your warrior name, you will be known as Violetpaw!" Ashstar  yowled down from Clan Branch. "Violetpaw, Duskpaw, Stonepaw, Flarepaw! Violetpaw, Duskpaw, Stonepaw, Flarepaw!" the Clan called. Violetpaw padded to her mentor and tunched her nose to Blueclaw's nose. "when do we start training?" Violetpaw asked her mentor. "Right now." Blueclaw replied. Violetpaw gave a little bounce as they headed accros the feild. "So what are we doing first?" She mewed. "we're going to explore the territory." Blueclaw yowled as she raced away. Violetpaw looked on for a moment, Then sped away running faster and faster until she outran her mentor. Blueclaw came to a halt besides Violetpaw. "This is The Clif, Dont come here unless you have too." Blueclaw warned. Violetpaw nodded and followed her mentor to see the rest of the territory. 

Violetpaw padded over to the fresh-kill pile and took a mouse and settledc beside Duskpaw to eat. "So what did Applefur teach you today?" she asked her sister. "He showed me the territory." Duskpaw mewed back. "So did I!" Violetpaw purred. As the sun went down Violetpaw walked to the Apprentices den, and curled up in her new nest. Violetpaw's eyes flittered open and she saw the dawn light seeping into the den. She squeezed out of the den and saw the dawn patrol leaving camp. It had been almost 6 moons since she got her apprentice name, and she would be a warrior vary soon. "Duskpaw!" She whispered to her denmate. Duskpaw raised her head and gazed sleepily at Violetpaw. "Come on! we have dawn patrol and its leaving!" she whispered urgently. Duskpaw got to her paws and got quietly out of the den and ran across to the dawn patrol, and Violetpaw swiftly followed. "Ah, Here are the Apprentices." Icestorm meowed to Swiftsky amusedly. "Indeed." she replied. Icestorm glaced back at his daughters and twitched his whiskers. Duskpaw purred back at their father, Violetpaw just gazed on lost in thought as the patrol padded onwards towards the Fireclan border. As they came to a halt Violetpaw scented something odd that hadn't been there before. she padded to Icestorm and meowed "Can you smell that stench?" she asked quietly. "Yes, its coming from over there." He replied gesturing with his tail in the direction the small was drifting from. Violetpaw crouched down and stalked cautiously forwards. Icestorm and the rest of the patrol followed.