chapter 17

The sound of a coat and car keys being thrown on the counter made me jump, I hadn't heard Eric come inside... Normally he doesn't even come by until later, he says that on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays his work calls him in either earlier or later, and its mostly later. He works at some sporting goods store nearby..

"Hey," I called over, my voice monotone. I was still pissed at him for last night.

"Did you take those pills yet?"

"Well hello to you, too," I rolled my eyes.

He sighed in agitation, "fine. Hi, Belle.. Now did you take those pills?"

"I already told you last night, I'm not going, too.. I can't do that," I sighed, keeping my attention on the TV.

"I thought you said you didn't want a fucking baby!" He yelled, getting worked up easily. Someone had a bad day?

"Calm down," we weren't even for sure I was pregnant, we just forgot to use protection and he wants me to take pills to get rid of the baby if I am, which doesn't sit right with me.

My words only made him more irritated so he tugged on his hair, letting out a grunt and storming down the hall. I was confused on what he was doing, but I soon heard a bunch of stuff getting thrown around. I got up from the couch and hurried over, stopping in the doorway of the bathroom to see him hunched over, digging through the cabinets, looking for the pills. He was just chucking things everywhere. "Would you stop?!"

He didn't stop. "Eric!" I put a hand on his bicep, tying to pull him away. I didnt use much effort because he now stopped, turning to face me and standing up. "What, Belle?! We can't have this baby! You're going to take the pills."

"This isn't just your decision, Eric!"

"I can't have a child, it will only fuck everything up! And you said the last thing you wanted was a child, too!" His words stung a little bit.

"I don't want this! But it might be happening! And we can't avoid it!"

"We sure as hell can avoid it!"

"I'm not killing a person, Eric! A little baby! That's all it is! I can't do that.. No matter what it might cause!"

He sighed deeply, maybe he is thinking about it? Accepting it? "If you don't take those pills..." he paused, holding in a breath. "Then I'm leaving."

I felt like I was punched in the gut, tears already brimming my eyes. "...W-What?"

"I'm leaving Belle."

"Eric, no. You can't! Please, we don't even know if I am pregnant!"

"Well I'm not gona stick around to find out," he pushed past me, walking back into the other room. I had to take a moment, I couldn't believe this was happening. He can't leave.. He can't just leave me..

Tears were now falling down my face as I went after him, seeing as he put on his coat and grabbed his keys, opening the door. "Eric..." I pleaded, catching his eye one more time before he walked out. "Eric!" The door shut, harder than necessary.

I wanted to sink to my knees, I wanted to scream, I wanted to chase after him... But, I just stood there. He said that he had loved me.. That he'd be here for me after I lost Cam.. And I just fucked everything up. All because of this pregnancy scare, too.

*(end of flashback)*

I focused on the small amount of smoke cascading from the bud of my cigarette, dangling between two of my fingers. My mind is swirling as much as the smoke is currently.