There For You

~How We Are~

"I can't believe this." Diamond mumbled sounding as if she was on the verge of crying.

Rashad slid closer to her, dropping his arm behind her back, rubbing her thigh with his other hand. "Bae calm down, it's not that bad."

"You don't know that yet. But what I do know for a fact is that your mom is gonna be pissed." She smacked her lips. "And she already doesn't like me-"

"She likes you."

She looked at him like he was crazy. "No she doesn't."

"She doesn't." Her best friend Ashe co-signed never looking up from her phone.

"Every time she sees me she's giving me some stank look, turning her nose up at me."

"My mom is just a little overprotective of me."

Ashe huffed, "A little tsk."

"Shut up Ashe."  He turned back to Diamond. "She gives that same look to all my girls."

She pushed his hand off her. "Don't touch me."

He let out a light laughed, "Come on don't be like that, you know what I meant." He smiled rubbing the back of her neck.

"Ah-uh." The secretary clearing her throat caught their attention. She was cutting her eyes at them, clearly indicating she wanted them to separate. While Diamond moved over to the very edge of the couch Rashad sucked his teeth and slid closer completely ignoring the secretary's warning.

He continued the conversation whispering in her ear, "Look they not gonna call my mom, they're gonna call Jerell."

"Your godfather? Why?"

"Cause I got it like that." She shook her head at him. "So you can relax about my moms. She not even gonna know nothing bout this so we don't have nothing to worry about." He tipped her chin making her look at him.

She turned away from him, "Speak for yaself you know my mom's mouth is ratchet."

"And my moms don't let shit go." Ashe added. "I don't be wanting to hear all that-"

"Aye Shad?" Rashad looked up to see his best friend Jamison coming out the vice principles office.

Ashe turned in her seat and looked back at him worried. "How bad?"

"Gotta week off." He joked making light of the situation. "They really think they doing something to me," He chuckled, "They just sending a nigga on a mini vacation." Rashad couldn't do anything but shake his head at his best friend. They had all gotten caught but Jay took the fall so he was the only one who actually gotten in trouble. And Rashad felt like shit for letting Jay go down by himself but knew Jay wouldn't have it any other way. "Shad hit me up later, you know where I'ma be at." He said mean mugging the school officer following him out. "Better back the fuck up. Aye Ashe?" She looked back at him. "Hold me down in the hallways baby." He shouted before walking out.

"That boy is just stupid." She laughed.

"Ms. Hill?" Ashe looked over to the sectary hanging up her phone. "Your mother can't make it so she told me to send you back to class but Mrs. Keller will call you back to speak with you soon."

"Cool." She stood grabbing her stuff. "D find me when you get outta here. See y'all." She waved to them both.

Minutes after Ashe left out Rashad looked up again just as Jerell came walking in. Rashad couldn't help but smile knowing that he wasn't in the same amount of trouble he would've been in had his mother showed up instead. "Rell?"