CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

Diamond was awaken to a bunch of loud talking and laughter coming from the front of the house. She picked her phone up off her pillow and looked at the time. It was ten o'clock in the morning on a Saturday. "Why?" She groaned. She tossed her blanket back and hopped out of her bed ready to go off on Russ and whoever he had in her mother's house. Russ wasn't lying the day of Christmas when he said he was the new man of the house because he hadn't left since then and that was almost three months ago. Diamond had to admit, there was an upside to Russ being around. Jackie wasn't going out every night, she found a little side job and she had slowed down on her drinking. He was keeping her grounded but he had some shit with him too. Like the fact that he just came home from jail. When she asked Jackie what he was locked up for she didn't even know. Diamond didn't like that. What was he hiding. 

Snatching her bedroom door open she gasped and her hand flew to her chest when she came face to face with Russ's nephew Fresh. "Good morning sunshine." He licked his lips into a grin.

"Fresh?" Fresh was average height for a nineteen year old with a bright rich chocolate skin complexion and a mouth full of golds

"Fresh?" Fresh was average height for a nineteen year old with a bright rich chocolate skin complexion and a mouth full of golds. "Why you just standing outside my bedroom door like a whole creep?"

"Half a creep actually." She looked down at herself in her wife beater realizing she didn't have on a bra the same time Fresh glance down at her chest. She turned and snatched her cardigan off the end of her bed sliding it on. "Yeah cover up I don't want none of them niggas looking at my girl."

"Boy please. I'm not ya-" She put up her hand after closing her cardigan around her. "Wait, who else is here and why the hell is y'all so loud?"

"Russ of course, my big brotha Dimo, his mans, my boy-"

"Uh-uh why the hell all these niggas up in my house?" She walked around him ready to put every single last one of them out including Russ but Fresh grabbed her by her arm pressing her back against her door frame. 

"We bout to leave out and hit the basketball court around the corner. We just stop through to grab unc." He looked her up and down hungrily.

Feeling like his eyes were burning right through her, she cleared her throat and turned his attention to the closed bathroom door. "Whose in here, my moms?"

"Nah she left for work." Feeling like he was all up on her she went to move around him but he took a step forward, invading more of her personal space.  

"Fresh?" She finally looked him in the face getting immediate eye contact. "Why are you all up on me?"

"Cause I can be." Shockingly he reached up caressing her cheek. "And because you like it." It was true. She was frozen the moment he cupped her face. Ever since his first time coming over with Russ and meeting Diamond he'd been popping up almost everyday, just to 'hang out'. He was always flirting with her and everyday it seemed to be getting harder and harder to avoid.