Chapter 6

As we walked, I kept on trying to talk to Eric but he seemed somewhere else. He wasn't paying attention and he had a sort of lost or disconnected look on his face.

"Eric stop." I said and stopped walking in the middle of the field we were in. We were pretty close to where Johanna said our little house would be, but we were also in sight of the dome.

"Yeah?" He asked and I frowned.

"What is going on with you?" I asked and he looked at me confused.

"What are you talking about?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Cut the shit Eric. As soon as I went to see Alli you've been acting strange. Did Tee or Aaron say something to you about something?" I asked and in that moment I realised, Tee probably asking him about marriage.

"What are you talking about?" He said and I shook my head.

"Eric you have been acting weird so tell me why." I demanded and he sighed.

"Okay I've just been thinking about something Tess said to me." He said and I froze.

"What did she say?" I asked him hesitantly.

"She asked me about marriage." He said and I sighed.

"What did you say to her." I asked and crossed my arms across my chest.

"I said that I didn't know." He said then shrugged his shoulders.

"What do you not know?" I asked him.

"I don't know if I want to get married yet." He said and I honestly felt like crying in that moment.

"Why not?" I asked and I heard my voice crack, as tears filled my eyes.

"I don't know. I need time to think about it." He said and when he looked up at me, he looked a mixture of guilty, hurt and wounded.

"Do you?" He asked me and I stared down at my feet and didn't answer.

"Bray?" He said and I nodded.

"Alright yes. That's what I spoke to Tee about when we left. That's why I was sitting staring at Liv's ring yesterday, because I want to be married to you Eric." I said as tears spilled over my eyes.

"Brayden I-" He began but I cut him off.

"No stop. It's okay. You can have time to think, and take as much of it as you need." I said and wiped tears away from my eyes and began walking in the direction of the house.

"Brayden where are you going?" He called after me and I stopped and turned around to look at him.

"I'm giving you time. Bye Eric." I said and kept on walking across the grassy field. As soon as I neared the house, I heard footsteps behind me so I turned around and saw Eric walking sharply towards me.

"Eric what are-" I began but he cut me off by pressing his lips roughly to mines. My hands subconsciously went up and around his neck while his went around my waist, where he pulled me as close to him as he could. Our hands roamed each other's bodies and I felt a smile spread across my features. When we pulled away, I rested my forehead against his and smiled.

"What was that for?" I panted and he smirked.

"In that moment I saw you walk away from, I saw that I don't know what I would do with out you Bray and I love you so much." He said quietly and I smiled.

"I love you Eric." I said and leaned up to kiss his lips again, but he pulled back and pulled completely away from me.

"So Brayden Brooks, yes I've known you for over two years and we have been dating for just under that and it's been the best years of my life. When I first met you I thought you were just some weak little Erudite girl that was stuck up but then I got to know you. And as I got to know you, I fell in love more and more." He said and I teared up at what he was saying.

"The day when I saw you run from me at Abnegation, my whole world collapsed. I thought that you had actually turned against me, but that day I found you at Factionless was a good day. The best day was when we both said 'I love you' for the first time but an even better day was when I found out that you were pregnant, with my child. That you actually have a baby growing inside you." Eric said and rested his hand on top of my baby bump. I saw him reach into his pocket and he pulled out a black box and my breath caught in my throat.

"But do you know what will be the best day? The day when you say 'I do'. I've been waiting to do this for a long time now but I never knew when the right time would be. I've actually been carrying this about with me for the last few weeks, just waiting on the perfect moment to come and here it is." He said and then he slowly got down onto one knee. Some tears spilled over my eyes as I realised what he was about to do. He took my hand in his and he opened the black box to reveal the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.

"Brayden Brooks, will you do me this amazing honour. Will you marry me?" Eric asked and I wiped my eyes with my free hand and the biggest smile spread across my face.

"Yes." I whispered and jumped into his arms. I sat on top of his leg that was bent and clung onto him for dear life.

"Oh my god yes!" I said in his ear and he laughed and wrapped his arms tightly around me. I pulled back and cupped his face in my hands.

"I love you so much Brayden." He whispered as he brushed a stray piece of hair away from my eyes.

"I love you so much Eric." I whispered back and he smiled. He held the little black box between us and he took the ring out and put the box back in his pocket. He slowly lifted up my left hand and slid the ring onto my ring finger. I smiled as I realised it was a perfect fit.

"It's gorgeous Eric. Thank you to much." I said and kissed him again.

"Anything for my princess." He said against my lips and I smiled.

I, Brayden Brooks, was engaged to Eric Matthewson.