Chapter 7

"We're engaged." I breathed out as I snuggled closer to Eric.

"Yes we are." He chuckled as he traced light patterns on my back.

"Oh my god I need to get you a ring now." I said and he laughed.

"I'm sure I'll be fine for now." He said and I smiled up at him.

"I love you." I said and he cracked a small smiled.

"I love you Bray." He said and leaned down to kiss me. Just as our lips touched there was a knock at the door. I sighed and climbed out of bed and threw on some clothes. I then went to the door and opened it to see Johanna standing there with a smile on her face.

"Hello Johanna. Is there something I can help you with?" I asked politely and she smiled.

"Hello Brayden. I just wanted to let you know that there will be a meeting in an hour in the dome to talk about the situation we have on our hands." She said and I nodded.

"Yeah of course. We'll be there." I said and started to subconsciously play with my ring and she smiled as her eyes flickered down.

"Glad to see he done it." Johanna said and I smiled.

"Me too." I said with a smile on my face.

"Well I'll see you both in an hour. Goodby Brayden." Johanna said then walked away from the door.

"Bye Johanna." I said and closed the door. I smiled to myself and walked into where the bedroom was and plopped down on the bed next to Eric.

"Meeting in an hour to talk about stuff." I said and reached out to trace the tattoos on his arms.

"I don't want to leave this bed." He sighed and I chuckled.

"Me either." I said and lay down next to him, across the comfy bed.

"Let's just stay here forever." He said and pulled my by my waist closer to him and I chuckled.

"That will be hard when I'm about to give birth." I giggled and he laughed.

"We can make it work." He winked at me and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I have a question." I said and he nodded.

"Shoot." He said and I smiled.

"When this whole thing is over, where will we live? Do you think we'll be allowed to live in Dauntless again?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I honestly have no idea, but I hope so." He said and I frowned.

"Why?" I asked and he smirked.

"I would rather stay in my own bed forever than here." He said and I chuckled then hit his arm lightly.

"Real funny Eric." I said and he smiled his gorgeous smile.

"Where would you want to live?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"Probably back at Dauntless too. I actually miss it. I miss the dark corridors and staying over at yours. I miss the food hall and the pit and I miss people being scared of me but do you know what I miss most?" I said and he shook his head.

"What do you miss most?" He asked and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"The alcohol." I said with a smirk one face and he rolled his eyes.

"Of course you do." He teased and I chuckled.

"No seriously Eric. Let's say about a week after this baby is born, you and I are going out and getting completely wasted okay?" I said and he nodded.

"Sounds like a plan to me, and do you know what else we can do?" He said and I shook my head.

"We can have sex without your pregnant stomach in the way." He smirked and I slapped his arm again.

"Eric Matthewson who would say such a thing." I said and he chuckled.

"But you're right though." I admitted and he chuckled.

"Of course I am." He said and kissed me cheek. We lay in silence for a few minutes before I looked up at him.

"Do you remember when we broke up?" I asked and he sighed.

"How could I forget it?" He asked and I snuggled into him.

"I forgave you a long time ago Eric." I said and he shook his head.

"No. It was very stupid of me and I still regret it to this day." He said and I pulled back and looked up at him.

"Eric it was a mistake. It's okay." I said and cupped his cheek with my hand, as our eyes met each other.

"I'm so sorry I put you through that Bray." He said sincerely and I smiled.

"It's okay baby." I said and a small smile formed on his face.

"Besides, do you not remember the night we got back together?" I asked and he smirked.

"How could I forget?" He said and I chuckled.

"That was a really cute night. The pretty fairy lights and that classy meal." I said and he laughed.

"Yeah sorry about that, I don't know how to cook so I just got Tess to bring us something." He said and I laughed.

"And remember this?" I said and leaned across to the bedside table and picked up the necklace lying there.

"How in hell do you still have this?" He asked and played around with it. It was my 'Always and Forever' necklace that he got me that night.

"I've worn it every single day since you got me it." I said and he smiled at me.

"That's amazing Brayden." He said and I smiled.

"And do you remember the day I got my tattoo and you copied me." I said and fake glared at him. He chuckled and lifted up his arm to look at the cursive writing inside his bicep. I chuckled and lifted up my arm to look at mines.

"That was a good day." He said and kissed my head.

"Do you regret any tattoos?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, do you?" He asked and I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"This one." I said and pointed to the tattoo on my wrist which said 'but we're alright though'.

"I hate it. I was so caught up in being Dauntless that I acted irrationally and now I regret it a lot." I said and he chuckled.

"Well I like it a lot." He said and kissed my wrist where the tattoo was.

"That makes one of us." I said and winked playfully at him.

"I can't wait to get another tattoo." He said and I smiled.

"Me too, and I can't wait to dye my hair again and maybe get a few piercings." I said and he laughed.

"What colour next?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Blue maybe? Or green would be cool." I said and he laughed.

"Definitely blue." He said and I shook my head at him.

"Typical nose." I teased and he chuckled quietly and looked at me. We just stared at each other for a few minutes before he spoke up.

"I'm so glad I asked you to marry me." He said and I smiled.

"I'm glad you asked too." I said and he smiled at me.

"I love you princess." He said and kissed my head lightly.

"I love you Eric." I whispered into his bare chest.