Chapter 2

I checked the most likely place first, which would obviously be her office. I walked towards it but there were a couple of guards standing outside the door, although she didn't need protecting from very much anymore.

"Is Evelyn in there?" I asked them and one of them nodded.

"Yes she is but she's very busy at the moment." He said and I sighed.

"I really need to speak to her." I said and stepped forward but they both stepped forward also.

"She doesn't want to be disturbed right now." The other guard said and I rolled my eyes but then saw the door behind them open up.

"What's all the commotion out here?" Evelyn said and the guards turned around to face her immediately.

"She wanted to talk to you but we told her that you didn't want to be disturbed." The guard said and I saw Evelyn look over his shoulder to see me standing there and she smiled.

"Of course Brayden, let her in." She said and the guards immediately moved to the side. As I walked past them I sent them a smug smirk to which they ignored. I walked into Evelyn's office and she sat down at her desk.

"Have a seat." She said and gestured to the chair at the other side of the desk.

"So what can I do for you Brayden?" She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I have heard some things about the trials beginning today and I just wanted you to clarify for me if that's true or not." I said and she sighed and sat back in her chair.

"Yes. The first trial will commence after dinner today, and it will be Max's." She said and I nodded.

"Will you use the truth serum on them?" I asked and she nodded in response.

"It's the only way to get the truth out of them and they can't hide from it." She said and I nodded.

"Are all the leaders of the city going to be there?" I asked her. After Jeanine was killed, all of the other faction leaders, except Abnegation, became the leaders of the city and they decided everything that happened.

"Yes they will, and then it will be decided what the accused punishment is." She said.

"I want you to be there, to stand with us leaders." She said but I shook my head.

"Thank you Evelyn but my days as a leader are over." I said and she laughed softly.

"I understand, but if you ever change your mind let me know." She said and I nodded in agreement.

"Well I better go help out in training." I said then stood up and she smiled.

"It was nice talking to you Brayden, I hope everything's going well." She said and I smiled at her.

"Thanks Evelyn. You too." I said then walked out of her office. As soon as I did the two guards turned around and looked at me as I shut the door.

"Carry on boys, wouldn't want Evelyn to be disturbed would we?" I smirked at them then walked away to go help training.

.

"Hey." I said as I arrived at the training area. Eric, Four and Tris were all standing talking in hushed voices but they all stopped when I arrived.

"Hey Bray, not see you in a while." Tris said and pulled me into a hug.

"Yeah same here." I said then pulled away.

"Hey Four." I said then hugged him.

"Hey sis." He said and I chuckled as we pulled away from the hug.