Chapter 35

(Massive Timeskip)

As they walked down the last corridor, everything seemed to fade to grey.

Naruto blinked when he saw that his freinds weren't with him.

Suddenly, a bright light began to appear in front of him. A figure slowly formed, and remained hovering in the air.

They looked young, perhaps 13, with short brown hair that tangled and knotted. They had a very, very pale skin tone, with blushed cheeks.

They had glowing red eyes.

They were wearing a torn, dusty green and yellow turtleneck sweater, with short brown shorts and blue trainers with baggy socks that reached up to their knee, which for whatever reason had a plaster on it, along with a few grazes running up and down their legs.

"Hello. Would you like to hear a story?"

Their voice was high pitched and cute.

Naruto blinked before nodding slowly.

"Ok"

"A long time ago, a human fell into the ruins. Injured by the fall, they cried out for help.
Asriel, the kings son, heard the humans call. He brought the human back to the castle.
Over time, asriel and the human became like siblings. The king and queen treated the child as their own. The underground was filled with hope"

Naruto smiled.

"Then, one day, the human became very ill"

Naruto's smile dropped.

"The sick human had but one request; to see the golden flowers which only could bloom apon the surface.
The next day, the human perished"

Naruto furrowed his eyebrows. This was a sad story.

"Asriel, grief stricken, absorbed the child's soul. He transformed into a being of incredible power.
With a human soul, asriel passed through the barrier. He carried the humans body back to the village of mankind.
He reached the centre of the village. And there, he found a bed of golden flowers. He placed the human there.
Suddenly, screams rang out. The people saw him holding the humans body. They thought he had killed the child"

The girls voice shook, and naruto noted with concern how her eyes were clearly welling up until she wiped her eyes and continued.

"They attacked azzy with everything they had. He was struck again and again. He could have killed them all"

Naruto didn't miss the affectionate term she had used for asriel, but did not comment on it.

"But he didn't fight back. Holding the child tightly, he smiled and walked away.
Nearly dead, he stumbled home. He entered the castle and collapsed. His dust spread across the garden"

Naruto was holding back tears himself. This story was aweful!

"The kingdom despaired. The monarchy had lost two children in just a night. The humans had once again taken everything.
King asgore wanted to end our suffering. Any human who falls must die. With enough souls, the barrier will shatter.
It isn't long now" she smiled. "We will be free"

As she ended, Naruto felt himself sniffling, before he looked her straight in the eye.

"Are you the child?"

Chara dreemurr blinked several times before smiling, a tear rolling down their cheek.