The Time to Remember it all

*Lexus's POV*

I repeatedly banged the roof of the coffin until it felt light enough for me to kick open. Then I sat up, seeing the faces of Mark, Daniel, and Chris.

"Guys!" Daniel yelled. "He's alive!"

Mark and Chris quickly went down to us.

"Lex?" Mark asked. "Is that really you?"

"Of course it's me!" I answered. "I'm breathing, I'm moving, and I'm not a mindless zombie."

"It is him alright," Chris said.

They helped me up and the environment I first saw was a cemetery. We started going away to somewhere, but I stopped them and turned back to the grave.

"Lexus, what are gonna do this time?" Daniel asked.

As they walked over, I finished burying the coffin again. Why? The police might probably think that someone "stole" my body.

"I didn't think of that," Chris said.

"Well?" I asked. "Let's go!"

We all cheered and went to Mark's house.

**********

When we arrived, it was still the same before I died, and miraculously, my stuff were all still there.

"Huh," I said. "Nothing has changed."

"Well, you died a few weeks ago," Mark started. "But I don't want anyone to grab hold of your stuff. Daniel visited once, and I didn't even let him touch your school uniform."

Really? I thought. Even just the school uniform?

"Anyway, change your clothes," Mark said. "You'll look weird wearing a Barong Tagalog around town."

As soon as I realized that, I changed my clothes into something casual. I wore a red polo shirt that has the number 98 on it, with gray pants and white rubber shoes. I also wore my green cap.

Then I notice a paint stain on my shirt.

"Mark," I said. "Were you using this shirt?"

"Yeah," he answered. "I ran out of shirts to wear as an extra so I used yours. We had a painting competition that day so I got that stain. It's just small, though."

I was a bit angry at him, but then I reminded myself not to get carried away or they'll think that I'm a mindless zombie. Just stay calm.

"Okay!" Daniel said. "Now that's done, let's go get a smoothie!"

We all went out of the house and went to Ice Giants. I was quite nervous of how the world will think that I'm alive again.

***********

Later on, back to Mark's house...

"Bye guys!" Chris and Daniel left.

Mark and I then went back inside.

"So it's now 9:00," he yawned. "We better rest."

"I know," I said. "I'm tired."

I changed to my pajamas and went to sleep.

***********

"Lexus."

I slowly woke up to that.

"Lexus."

I sat up, thinking of where that voice came from. It sounded familiar to me.

"Lexus!" It came again.

I looked around and saw a lady ghost on the kitchen. But when I touched her, it was as if she was actually there.

Then, I realized.

It was Megan! The girl who brought me back here!

"Megan?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"There is something that I should tell you," she answered.

I wasn't ready, but she let it out.

"When you travelled back here, something broke," she explained.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It was a part of your soul. A large portion broke up. Originally you're gonna live for another 20 years, but since that happened, you only have 3 more days to live."

"3 days?! That's not enough!"

"I know. Once the limit is up, your body is gonna fall down to the ground, lifeless. Then you will be sent back up, never to be seen again."

Those words made me devastated. How am I gonna live up to this?

"Will I ever see them again?" I asked. "Even when I die, again?"

"No," Megan answered. "You'll slowly forget about them. Once you did, you will be sent to a newborn body, where you will forget about your life as Lexus Carreon and live a new one, probably in another nationality."

"Okay."

"Well, see you in 3 days!"

She disappeared. I only have a limited time, so I quickly went back to sleep.

Tuesday morning...

Mark and I went back to school. When I arrived, the guard stopped me.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be the person who was shot here?" He asked.

I have 2 seconds make up an explanation.

"No!" I answered. "You're just... hallucinating!"

Mark and I then quickly went to the classroom. When we got there, I saw Miranda sitting down.

"Hi Mar--" she stopped, noticing me.

"Hi Miranda," Mark answered. "What's wrong?"

"Who's that with you?"

"That's Lexus. Why?"

"Isn't he dead?" She slowly walked to the corner.

"Not anymore."

That made it worse.

"Stay away from me!" She demanded.

"It's okay," I said, slowly walking to her. "I'm not a zombie. It's the same Lexus you remembered."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm 100% sure."

After some understanding, she calmed down, and whenever somebody arrived, we would explain why I'm alive.

"Okay everyone!" John yelled. "Let's go down now, flag ceremony!"

Uh-oh. I don't like where this is going.