Eight

Ellie's POV
The coaches loved our version of Inside Out and we're supposed to be taking part in a national ice dance competition in Toronto in a couple of months.

Noah hasn't been at practice for the past three days and hasn't been answering my calls or texts. I feel like Dad has something to do with this because he hates Noah. It's strange but I hope he shows up. I'm sick of him not being there and having to do the routine on my own. He really is driving me insane. Does he even like me any more?

I wake up at 4:00am ready for morning practice in an hour. I just want to be able to practice the routine. Properly. If he doesn't show up today I'm going to his house after because I need to know where he is and what he's up to.

"Ellie, Logan's here." Mom calls.

That's another thing, Logan has been taking me to all my practices for the past week, that's all 21 of them. I don't know what Mom and Dad have been up to but Logan is being better family then the two of them put together right now.

I head out the door, my parents not even saying goodbye. I packed a weeks worth of over night clothes because I'm hoping I can stay at Logan's for a week.
"Logan, could I stay at your place for a bit until Mom and Dad get their heads together, you're being an amazing help for me at the minute?" I ask as we drive to the rink.

"Yeah, of course sweetie, I really love you." Logan says, smiling at me.

We head into the rink and it's absolutely freezing. I see Sam and Alex but no Noah. Great. I'll just work on my new solo, I'm sick of doing that routine alone. Noh better be back by the end of the week.

Logan has been getting up at four in the morning to take me skating and dropping me home from my last one at 10:00pm she's being a fantastic friend right now. I don't know what my parents have even been up to.

They completely forgot my birthday but none of the cast did. They threw me a huge party on set, my parents didn't show up. That was the day before Noah started acting weird. He got me a really expensive necklace which had Noah-Ellie engraved in a heart pendant. But then he just started to ignore me.

"Ellie." Sam calls.

"Yeah, what's up?" She asks.

"Nothing." I lie.

I just put on Falling Apart and mix up the routine. I mean, if it wasn't for the cast, I don't know where I'd be right now, my life is falling apart and there's nothing I can do about it.

"Wow, that was so emotional Ellie." Sam compliments.

I wish I could smile. I wish those lyrics weren't at all related to how I'm feeling. I know Logan will let me cry. She understands everything so I'll tell her what I'm going through. She'll get it.

I just work on my quadruple jumps ready for tonight. Sam told me I've been working so hard so she's giving me lunchtime off for the next couple of days.
"Logan, can we go to Noah's house, I want to see what's up with him." I say when practice is over.

"Yeah, I thought you might say that." She chuckles.

This girl is my favorite. I love her so much.

We hop in the car and I direct her to where Noah's house is. She recognises it straight away. She did bring me here once. Logan is so amazing. I head up to the front door with Logan and his Mum answers.
"Hey Mrs. Faradi." I say.

"Hi Ellie, Logan, come in." She says. I let go of Logan's hand and take a seat on the sofa.

"So I think I know why you came." His Mum says.