Chapter Thirty

As I held Candice in my arms I couldn't be any happier. She is alive. I can feel her breath on my neck. Our skin touching, warming my own cold one.

There was a chance she would've died. A chance that I could never kiss her, see her shy smile, kiss her, hold her, love her...

My heart pounded and I was sure Candice felt it. I pulled away from the hug only to wrap my arms around her and smash my lips to hers.

There were no doctors or nurses around to stop us. As I kissed her, a loud beeping kept going off.

I pecked her once again and looked to the side of me to see the heart rate monitor. Apparently her heart beat was going wild.

Because of me.

Because we kissed.

I had no chance to smile at the thought as doctors raced in towards Candice, pausing at the sight of me holding her. My grip tightened protectively as a doctor approached with a needle. Candice trembled a bit at the sight of the needle.

"Can she have medicine instead? Thank you." I politely asked the doctor.

"Erm..." The doctor looked at a nurse. Candice's heart sped up a bit more.

I nodded at them, "You can leave now. Thanks." I waved them off and turned to Candice who was a brilliant shade of red.

"Ms. Gilmore, if I'd known any better I'd say your face would be permanently red if I stick around."

Her eyes widened at my statement and she clutched to me, choking out few words, "N-no....don't....leave..me.."
She didn't think I was serious, did she? I kissed her softly and murmured, "I wouldn't leave you if you begged me to."

She smiled, "Stalker much?"

"No no! I-I meant I'd like..ermm..find a way..uh..you know to uh nevermind" I blushed a deep scarlet.

She held my face in her hands, her slender fingers brushing my cheek. She hesitated, as if rethinking the question, "Promise...?"

In less than a heartbeat I replied, doubtlessly. "Promise." I confirmed.

She leaned up to kiss me then winced, her face scrunched in pain.

Oh right. Her back.

I helped her ease back down.

After a while of silence, me smiling relived, her thinking quietly, she mumbled shakily, "Did you...say anything to me..? While I was..out?"

I shook my head, "I only held your hand..." I hesitated, wondering if I should tell her the other words I said to her...

"Oh."

I sensed something she hid behind those blue dazzling eyes. "Why? Did you dream of me?" I blushed as I said the words.

She shook her head no.

Something else was on my mind all the while since...the jail scene. I couldn't bear to keep it in any longer.

"Who were the guys' names. The ones you moaned while we fucked."

"Who said they weren't random?" She questioned.

I shrugged. She sighed, "They were guys I had crushes on. Some of my old friends."

A deep burning sense of jealously bubbled up instantly.

Crushes.

"I see. And what did you like about them...?" I asked, seeming casual about it.

I think she sensed my jealousy and decided to push it further, "Mmm their hair, their legs- really strong and muscular you know?," she pointed a finger and nodded at me then continued, "Their looks were just," she paused and flailed her arms, exaggerating, "just so godly, and their arms, really built, like their bodies."

She finshed with a small smile. Then added quickly, "Oh the lips too." She chuckled as if it were a joke.

No one, no one, especially a guy, gets that much attention from my girl.

I smiled calmly,"Don't look out your window," I gestured to the one at her side viewing the hallway outside, "and no TV." I ordered her and kissed her gently.

As I left the hospital, I decided which fist gets all the bruises and blood. Both should get equal treatment, I decided. I shrugged my shoulders, feeling my fingers tingle, ready for a fight.