The Knightmare

(This chapter was probably based on one of the only parts of BVS that I liked)

2 Years later (By Batgirl-Verse time)

"Clank!!! EEEE!!" A massive metal door opened.. as light streamed into the large degraded tunnel that Monkey D. Luffy was pulling himself out of..

His straw hat, was in tatters, and he wore a gas mask with goggles over his face, under a large scarf, and a large trench coat.

He breathed hard, climbing the blackened molten rock that surrounded him. He stood atop the rock.. looking down at the world below him..

Everything looked as if it had become hell itself.. waterfalls.. or more properly called lavafalls, of molten liquid fell down the craggy outcroppings of the massive unnaturally formed mountains... the earth was either blackened or dark red.. as rivers of magma flowed everywhere.  The sky was bright and sunny.. but not pleasantly so.. as the Sun itself seemed to be erupting with malice..

Volcanoes could be seen everywhere, small ones.. big ones..  and before Luffy, down in the distance.. was the shambled ruins, of Academy City..

Before Academy City.. lay a massive ruined symbol that covered half the entire plains.. a large three headed oriboris.. a hydra..

Luffy grunted and began making his way down the rocky outcroppings.. but he heard a small groan.. and turned back.. He held out a hand, and helped Mikoto Misaka out of the tunnel.

This Mikoto however, was not the one he saw as his Guild Master and crew mate.. but the Batgirl version.. wearing a heavily battle damaged suit and cowl.. her cape torn and in tatters on it's ends..

Batgirl coughed in the sulfur filled environment. "Come on.. we need to.. Ack.. heh.."

"You're sick.." Luffy said, not displaying any of his usual cheer at all. "We need to find a doctor.."

"Like there are ANY doctors left.." Batgirl wheezed as Luffy carried her in his arms.

"Don't talk like that!" Luffy said. "Just hold on!"

It took 30 minutes to traverse the magma infested world and to get into the city.. All around, dead looking people coughed and grabbed carts full of various junk and spoiled foods.. attempting to go about some sort of daily life..

Luffy carried Mikoto over to a crumbling building with an old wooden door labeled with a cross sign on it, indicating a doctor was present.

The place was filled with the smell and sight of dying human beings, all of them laying around.. coughing.. and sweating, as crying parents or children clutched their loved ones.

"H-hold on!!" A familiar small chibi-like reindeer appeared at the front desk, standing on an old burned looking stool. "I'll get to each and every one of you one by one! Just please hold... eh.. L-LUFFY!?"

Luffy pulled off his gas mask, sighing with relief. "Ch-Chopper! Help!"

"Just bring her inside! Hurry!!" Chopper exclaimed running into the hall with Luffy and Batgirl in tow.

They laid Batgirl on a motheaten mattress in a burned up looking examination room.

"The situation isn't good." said Chopper as he helped Luffy remove Mikoto's batsuit, so she was in her bra.. "We don't have the medical supplies! We're running way short on them.. it's a madhouse every day!!"