one

It's been two years. 730 days without him. I'd never thought I would make it two years, let alone one year. These two years had been the hardest years of my almost 24 years old life. But somehow I made it through.

I was sitting in my little office, trying to count through all my profit I earned today from my bakery shop, The Sweet Orchid, but failed miserably. My mind was nowhere near the financial stuff and the boring paper work. All I knew that is was mid-November and the temperature in New York was getting slowly colder.

It was 7:45 PM and my bakery shop had been closed for 45 minutes. My workers had all left to go home or to their loved ones. Not me. I had to go through today's paper work one last time before I called it a day. I had never dealt with major financial problems with my bakery shop, but I knew in the colder months the bills would get higher and the money would be a little tighter.

Deciding to take a break from the paper work, I went out of my office and into the kitchen to see if there was anything extra to clean, in case one of my workers had forgotten. There usually wasn't anything to do, as my workers always had cleaned everything before leaving. The kitchen was small, but big enough for us to bake goods and pastries for us to sell throughout the day. The only thing on my mind was him, and I tried to distract myself by doing some chores.

I scrubbed and cleaned counters that already was clean in hope to think about something else. Like what I was going to make for Thanksgiving for my family and my best friend Abigail's family. Everybody wanted their potatoes in different ways. I didn't mind making different kinds of potatoes as long as everyone was happy. But somehow my mind always found its way back to this exact day, two years ago. A day that had effected me way more than it should have.

"Please, dont leave," I begged, the desperation in my voice filled the room.

"It's for our best, Taylor," he said, his voice sounded tired and sad.

"Our best? Seriously?" I sighed, throwing my hands up in frustration. "I had sacrificed way too much for our relationship and you decide to leave?" I raised my voice, with a slightly angry toned. I couldn't bare with the thought of the love of my life leaving me right now, when we were finally ready to start with our lives.

"You sacrificed too much? How about me? I sacrificed a god damn part of my life for you! Hell, I changed my life to be with you!" He raised his voice higher than me very angry, clenching jaw.

Taken back at his response for me, I took a step backwards. I had seen him angry many times, but never angry at me. His anger scared me sometimes, because I never knew what he was able to do under so much emotions. "But that's what you do for the person you love. I have changed too. We were the complete opposite, but somehow we made it work."

He exhaled. "I don't think we did. Maybe we are to different to work out and we both know that, Taylor," he lowered his voice. The past months had been screaming and arguing with each other because of our different lives, but somehow thought that we were going to make it. We always had. Both of us had just graduated from college and we were now free and ready to start living alone with each other.

"Please, don't say that. I love you," my voice broke and I felt the tears welling in my eyes. I didn't want him to give up on us. Not after all these years.

"I love you too," he started. "Fuck, but this isn't working anymore and I think we both have known it for a while." He couldn't even look at me anymore.

"Don't you dare say that. I jeopardized my relationship with my parents for you and I tried to make everything work for us. I tried so hard!" By now I was standing in front of him with both hands on his face, forcing him to look at me. The tears were running down my cheek and I saw the pain in his eyes. "I don't want all this work to go to waste," I whispered.