two

He ran over to me and picked up my keys for me. My emotions I felt when he was around was suddenly coming back. The guy that I loved and gave me my first heartbreak was right now standing right in front of me. After two long years.

I watched his hands as he handed me the keys. Our fingers touched and that was when I looked up, meeting his beautiful green eyes. "Hi Taylor." "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Y-yeah, it has been," I stuttered. Just the sight of his face made me speechless.

When I came to realization that Harry was indeed standing in front of me, I noticed that he was standing only in a thin hoodie, slightly shivering.

"Oh dear God, Harry, you must be freezing your ass off," I said, taking off my scarf, standing on my tiptoes and tucking it around his neck and gave him my mittens. "There you go."

He smiled so his dimples were visible. "Thank you, Taylor."

Hearing my name in his deep accent, made the butterflies in my stomach go even more crazier than the first time hearing it. God, I had missed him so much.

"Let's go to my apartment or we are going to die from coldness." I said as we both chuckled.

We walked back to my apartment in silence, quickly glancing at each other. I think it was because we both couldn't quite believe that we were seeing together again after two years. 730 long days.

I opened the door to my apartment and turned on the lights, feeling relieved that the apartment was warm.

"It's different here," he said as he took off the scarf I earlier had tucked around him. I knew he referred to the way I had decorated the place. Before the breakup, I had my apartment filled with antique objects. Antique stuff was actually one of me and Harry's common interests. I sold half of the things after the breakup, because I couldn't look at them without it reminding me of him, but also because I felt I needed a new change.

"Yeah, I felt I needed a change. My friends thought it was weird anyways..." I lied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh," he quietly said. "I love your hair though, I never imagined you with short hair," he said, touching the tips of my hair. His hands lightly brushed against my neck, giving me a ticklish feeling.

"I never was a spontaneous person," I paused and smiled. "Until I met you, and it was a fun spontaneous thing."

His smile got wider at my response. He sat down at my couch, on the opposite side of me. "I'm making myself some tea, do you want some?" I said as I was walking over to the kitchen.

"Sure, with one sugar-"

"One sugar and a quarter cup milk," I continued, I smiled at the fact that I still knew what he wanted. "I still remember."

I was quietly making the tea and quietly gazing at Harry to see what he was doing. He was just looking around at my little apartment. Reliving the memories, I hoped. My mind kept wandering over the same question. What brought him here back to New York?

I carefully placed the tray filled with our tea on the table between us. "So what brings you here to New York?" The question popped out of me, suddenly I was thinking out loud.

He let out a long, deep breath. "I was waiting for that question," he chuckled nervously, pulling his hand through his hair, which had grown a lot since I last saw him.

I lightly sipped on my tea, watching him struggling to come with a decent answer. He opened his mouth, ready for an answer, but then closed it again multiple times.

"You probably hate me for the way I ended things..." He started off.

"Harry, I don't."

The first few months after the breakup, I thought I hated him. I hated the fact everything reminded me of him. He had forgotten the t-shirt he wore at night on my bed the day he left. I didn't have the heart to throw it, but it only made it worse as his scent was still on his shirt. There were times where I randomly woke up in the middle of the night, silently crying myself to sleep as I hugged his shirt, wishing he would come back. I would have dreams that he never left and that he was still around, it made me realize that waking up was the worst part of day. The moment where I realized that it was all a dream and I woke up to the real nightmare. And those times when he called, I had to force every little piece of me not to answer, because I knew it would only make things worse. The worst part was doing the usual everyday routine alone. Not waking up with him by my side. I hated that had to get used to not getting a text message every morning saying, "Hello, beautiful. Good morning." I hated that I couldn't call him at night anymore to tell him about how my day was. And I hated that I had to switch out my old habits involving him with new ones. I thought I hated him, but the truth was I hated the fact that he wasn't around anymore.