Chapter 25- A Much-Needed Vacation

When you woke up the next morning, instead of the display of clouds you'd seen outside, you saw buildings and such.

Civilization. How you'd missed it.

You quickly changed into the dress that Yuna had given you and dashed to the main room, where everyone had congregated. From where you stood, it sounded like Logan's dad was giving everyone the rules. Good thing you hadn't woken up to hear that. You just avoided the area until everyone dispersed.

"[name], there you are!" Yuffie grabbed you. "I was talking with Serah over the radio last night, and we realized you don't have anything else to wear, other than that dress."

"You know what that means!" Selphie added, popping from nowhere.

Both of the girls chorused, "Shopping!!!"

~~~~~

Yuffie was able to talk the boys into taking everything for you guys to the hotel in advance, and you, Yuffie, Selphie, and Mishaela met up with Serah and Rikku at the island's mall. It wasn't built to be tall, but it took up a lot of space length-wise, so you figured there were a decent amount of stores in it.

"Oh, wait. I just realized I don't have any money." You reached for your wallet to show them, but then you noticed, "I don't even have a wallet at this point."

"Don't worry about that, [name]," Serah reassured you. "This is for the greater good! We don't mind buying you a few outfits. Right, girls?"

They all performed some type of acknowledgement gesture. "I don't feel right knowing you're buying this stuff for me," you objected. "I could buy it all myself, just... I don't have my wallet."

"Well then, if you feel so strongly about it, you can pay us back when we get home," Mishaela said hurriedly. "Is that fine?"

You nodded, smiling. "Thanks. I promise I'll get it back to you as soon as I can."

"Mm-hmm," Mishaela nodded, a look in her eyes that you knew meant she hadn't even heard what you said. "Now, before we leave, make sure you get at least one special occasion outfit."

You raised your eyebrow. "For what?"

"You never know when a special occasion will arrive," replied Serah.

"True, those things do always catch me by surprise..." You nodded in agreement. "One special occasion outfit. Let's do this!"

The mall had just opened, so there weren't a lot of people in there yet. Some of the stores hadn't even opened yet. The girls dragged you into the first girly store they saw, which seemed to be a Forever 21-like deal.

"Hmm..." You sifted through a couple of racks. "Okay, I don't like any of this stuff. Let's go."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Serah held her hands up, stopping you. "You're not getting off that easily."

Serah, Rikku, and Selphie each picked up an outfit for you. They then ushered you into a changing room to try all of it on.

"But guys, we'll only be here for two days!" You sighed. "Fine. You probably won't let me out until I try them on."

First you tried the outfit that Serah picked: a burnt orange tank top with a bright yellow hi-lo skirt. Rikku's outfit consisted of a one-shoulder ruffle purple leopard-print top and a black puff skirt. Lastly, Selphie's was a short floral-print dress.

"They all fit," you said, handing the bunch to Serah.

"Okay. We'll get them all!" Serah grinned.

"But I don't even need them all!" you protested.

"Too bad, you're getting them." And that was that.