Hoop #5

Chris

Hang all the mistletoe

I'm gonna get to know you better

This Christmas

And as we trim the tree

How much fun it's gonna be together

This Christmas

The fireside is blazing bright

We're caroling through the night

And this Christmas will be

A very special Christmas for me

I turned the water off, and stopped singing. Grabbing the white towel off the closed toilet, I wrapped it around my waist and walked to the door, at which someone was knocking on.

"Oops. Sorry Chris, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to walk to the gym together". I smiled, but I first looked her up and down. Everyone probably knew she was going to the tryouts, being that she had on a VCU cropped shirt, black and yellow basketball shorts, black and white Nike Hyperdunks, with her hair in two long braids.

"It's cool, I was getting dressed" I said letting her in my unoccupied dorm, and going inside the bathroom to put on black basketball shorts, and a grey under armour, with my black and white Nike Hyperdunks.

"Leggo" I said grabbing my key to lock my door and walking outside with Alexis by my side.

"You excited?" She asked.

"I'm always excited to get back on the court, how about you?"

"Me too, I just hope these other bitches don't think their the shit, because they can only make one shot" I chuckled, because when she said that, she looked so serious.

"Ok, I'll see you later" We parted ways, her going in the west gym for girl tryouts, and me in the east gym, for boys.

Alexis

"Alright ladies, we're going to run a 2-3, does everyone know what that is?" Everyone nodded. "Well we need 3 guards and 2 post players on the court now" Most girls rushed on the court but I slowly walked. Why? There's this old saying. Save the best for last.

"Well that's enough for today, make sure to return tomorrow for the final people chosen" I walked inside the locker room and the heat immediately smacked my face. Damn, we're one of the few colleges to have a full bathroom that include showers in our dorms, and yet they rushed to take one in the locker room. Shaking my head.

On the way back to my dorm, I wanted to walk with Chris but he was no where to be found, oh well. Once I walked inside, I immediately freshened up, and got dressed. (A/N: Nobody has night classes now they just have classes in the day time, on certain days) I had a class in about an hour, so that gave me time to call Chris and ask where the hell he was.

"Hello?" He groaned, wait I know he didn't leave me to fuck a hoe.

"Hell no. You left me for a hoe?"

"No. A nigga busted my freaking nose man" He grunted, and I swear I heard a wailing sound, like he was crying. I immediately felt bad.

"Aw" Me, being the good friend I was, rushed over to his dorm and attended to his broken, and bleeding nose. I mean, I was majoring in nursing, even though I want to be a pediatric nurse.

I grabbed a warm washcloth and pinched it on his nose, leaning it back. His, hard to believe, tears stopped after a while and I removed the washcloth to see the blood gone. I threw the washcloth away and warmed him some hot milk, with sugar in it, remembering it to be his favorite hot drink.

"Thanks" He sipped it, and stared at it.

"You ok?"

"You know, when you moved, I hated myself. I thought your dad moved because of me. I had no one after you left. A few friends here and there but no day 1s like you"

"Aw, Chris" I smiled and harmlessly kissed his cheek. But he returned my friendly gesture by putting his hand on the side of my face and crashing his oh so soft lips on top of mine. So here we sat. Sucking faces. And it remained like that until I felt him lift my shirt up.

"Shit. I have class" I scurried out his dorm, with him screaming my name. Me being late for class wasn't the only reason I was rushing out.