Hoop #6

Alexis

What the hell was I thinking? Was the only question roaming my mind. I can't believe I let him kiss me. As hard to believe as it seems, that was actually my first kiss. Yes, I'm 18, and that was my first kiss. I've never once had any time for relationships because I felt since I had basketball, I didn't need a love life, that wasn't always going to be promised to me.

Now, don't think this is going to be some soapy ass love story when the best friends have one kiss and "sparks fly", and bam they're in love.

That is definitely not the case, I have no attraction to Chris. None. Nothing. Nada. Non.

He is nothing but a friend, a close friend. I'm going to have to talk to him when I get out of class. Oh, and my dad, and brothers.

"Hey daddy"

"Hey baby girl, how's school" My dad beat me to the call as soon as the 3 hours of class were over.

"Hard. But I'll survive"

"Good, you talk to your brothers?"

"Actually, I was heading to their dorm now"

"Alright. Just make sure to call me later"

As soon as I stepped foot into my brothers unlocked dorm room, it was an unpleasant scent in the air.

"Eww. What the hell is that smell?" I asked Amir as I walked towards his ugly self.

"Sex. duhh."

"That's disgusting. You guys didn't even have a full week back and already thirsty for the punani. Anyways, Where's Damien?"

"Probably in class. I just got out"

"True. I just wanted to stop by, I'll see you later big bro" I stood off the filthy couch, kissed his cheek, and went to my door. With an unexpected gift at my front door.

"What are you doing here Chris?"

"I wanted to check on you. I feel like a dumb ass, I just reconnected with you from 4 years, and I already messed up. I'm really sorry" I unlocked my door with my custom made key, with the idea I got from Zoey 101.

"Hey Hazel, this is Chris. Chris this is Hazel" Hazel smiled and walked out the dorm.

"Chris. I just need you to understand something, I have no feelings for you. and even though the kiss happened about 3 hours ago, It's eating me at the back of my head thinking that you want a relationship now. But I'm sorry, I'm just not in the position right now for a relationship. Besides that, I have no feelings for you".

"It's cool. I'm good, I think the sentimental ness of the moment got to me and I forgot who you were. But don't worry, I only want to be friends. Nothing more". I grabbed my basketball from under the bed.

"Well, now that that's settled, how about we go ballin?"

"Leggo" Chris responded.

By now, weeks had passed, and in a couple of hours, it would be Christmas Day. Our break started December 15, but only for the students who finished their fall finals. Expectantly, I made the team, and I'm in the starting 5, also a team captain. Chris said he made the team too, but it was hard getting in. Damien, Amir, and I all rode the plane together back down too Miami, where we were able to sleep in our old rooms, and have my dads delicious cooking.

"Daddy, can I please open one gift" I begged my dad for the 3rd time. Out of the 3 of us, I was probably the most impatient. I loved Christmas, I loved wrapping presents, giving them, and of course receiving them. And I'm not one of those people that forget the real meaning of Christmas, that is just not me. I'm am a Christian, and I understand that miracles only happen because of Jesus. #NuffSaid.

"No, you have 4 more hours left, I promise you can make it" I pouted and searched for Amir, because I know he was opening presents.

"Amir?" I found him, just as I suspected, opening presents.

"Dad! that's not fair! Amir is opening presents" I ran down the stairs with Amir chasing me. I was on a mission, a mission to snitch on Amir.

"Ahh" I screamed and jumped in Damien's arms. He ran with me in his arms, around the house. So now Amir was chasing the both of us. And to add to this chaos, we had 2 dogs. A 5 month old boy Dalmatian named Ace, and a 6 month old girl Golden-Doodle named Penny. So now, Amir, Damien, Penny, Ace, and I were all running around the house. Dad is going to get our asses, but I don't really care. I'm having fun. Christmas Fun.