Chapter Six

I was almost finished with my morning rounds.

With my trolley wheeled in front of me, I picked up the clipboard, flipping to the next patient file. Debby had been more than hysterical since the yard incident. She was on her usual meds, with a side of Risperidone for vivid hallucinations she had begun having.

It had turned out "Dusty" was the name she was given while on the run, it was her military psychopath persona, and ever since she had heard the name again, her PTSD had spiked, more and more flashbacks and delusions haunting her.

I could hear her screaming all the way down the hallway as I approached. The female guards tried had to pretend they couldn't hear it, but it was near impossible to miss.

As I brought my trolley to a stand still, her assigned guards looked at me. The blonde one rubbed her face, exhaustion clear in her eyes.

"What's happened?" I asked.

She inhaled, "She keeps talking about them. They're going to kill her. They're watching."

"How long has she been like this?"

"10 minutes? She was fine one moment, snapped the next."

"She still not saying who they are?"

The other guard, a petite brunette cut in, "Not yet. Just keeps repeating the same thing over and over."

Debby was wailing in one corner of her cell. Her legs were curled into her chest, her head buried.

"They're coming. They're coming. They're coming," she cried, rocking back and forth slowly.

"Debby?" I said, approaching the cell door.

She jumped up, sprinting to the cell, and clutching the bars.

"Help me!"

"Debby, I need you to tell me who is trying to hurt you."

"They are!" She pointed behind her, to a blank wall.

"There is no one there."

"They are laughing at you. They are going to get me."

I gripped her hands, staring her in the eye, "No, they aren't. I'm here. I'll protect you. But I need you to work with me."

Debby shook my hands off, trying to reach for me, for something to let her out. She tried to squeeze through the bars, but with no avail. She was beyond hysterical.

"They're right there! They're going to kill me!"

"What do we do?" The blonde guard asked.

I walked to my trolley, picking up a packaged needle, and a small bottle, "Restrain her. I'll give her some risperidone now."

The two guards dropped their weapons out of reach, guns, knives and pull off any dangerous uniform add-ons for protection. They were ready at the door.

The cell opened and Debby tried to ru. She launched out of the cell, straight into the guard's embrace, screaming, crying. They had her arms, as well as using her waist to drag her back into the cell.

Tossing her onto the bed, the Blonde got Debby's stomach, straddling her down. She pinned her arms, while the Brunette grabbed her legs, trying to hold her in place.

I ran in not long after, having set up the injection.

"Hold her arm still," I asked the Blonde.

Debby thrashed, refusing to be tied down.

"They'll get me! They're right there! They're going to get me!"