TWO

The next morning, I woke up extremely early and left to school without anyone noticing since everyone was still sleeping. I asked my nerdy friend Lisa to drive me to school since she's always the first to arrive. My intention was, if I left before him, he wouldn't drag me in his car with him and everyone in school would know,for sure, that we're related. Becasue no one has seen him before, no one would know he's my stepdad. Except for the teachers of course. I walked into my first class, Math, sat in the back and slept on the table due to the fact that we still had one hour till class starts.

"Ari, Ari, is that your stepdad?" Ian shouts into my ear waking me up.

I wake up in shock, I had a real beautiful dream and the class has started 30 minutes ago. Crap, I promised myself I would be an excellent student today to get my teachers' mercy. Ian asks again "Aria is that your stepdad?"

I look up and there he was speaking to my math teacher, how rude was he? cutting the class short. I answer Ian quickly "No man, I don't know him"

"May someone wake Ms.Kerev." my teacher says, purposely embarrassing me in front of everyone.

"I'm awake, like always, Mrs.T" I say with a glare in my eyes.

"May I speak with you and your stepdad outside for a moment" I close my eyes and blush out of how embarrassing and ridiculous the situation was as I hear the the class burst out laughing right and left.

Ian: "so you don't know him huh?"

I ignore him and walk as quick as I can, hoping in someway they'd forget about it as quick as I walked.

"So here's the situation Mr. Marin, your stepdaughter as you have witnessed in your own eyes, sleeps in class, isn't attentive, scores no higher than C- in all her tests since the beginning of the year, skips more classes than she attends, and of course, rude.

"Pardon me?" I say at the irony of what she says.

"Don't speak back to your teacher Ari." My stepdad as usual likes to intrude.

I give up and walkaway to the restroom as I can see in the corner of my eye Zach Solaff giggling at me like I'm some kind of clown. Bad timing, Zach, as usual.

I get into the restroom and just start crying. My stepdad is so cruel, doesn't understand how much this is embarrassing for me. He could've came in the parents meeting which would've been less embarrassing. But no, he calls out my least favorite teacher in front of the whole class.

The bell rings and I'm relieved. I walk out of the bathroom to go to my physics class but everyone is still staring at me. I try to ignore them as I walk down the corridor. Until I see Zach, laughing again and I can't suck it in anymore. "What the hell are you laughing about, Zach? Are you some kind of psycho path who just laughs each time I walk or what?"

He responds, still laughing, "Oh sweetheart, you haven't seen your face." I roll my eyes and try to walk confidently when my head is just thinking what's wrong with my face. But I refuse to look. I don't want to satisfy him. I walk into physics lab and sit in the front corner. I don't want to look at anybody nor would I want to even talk. No one sits next to me. Clearly sensing my negative energy. I had the 'I dare you to sit next to me' kind of attitude. The teacher comes in, and after her, Zach and his two best friends, Liam and James. I look straight ahead avoiding eye-contact after the heated fight 'on my part' we just had in the corridor. Liam and James race to the two back seats leaving Zach with no where to sit but next to me, great. Liam and James whisper to each other, "this is going to be fun to watch, Zach and Ari next to each other." Damn those boys.

I look the other way staring at the window as I'm getting goosebumps in my whole body. I just fought with the worst boy to ever have fights with, he never forgets and keeps making fun of the person for at least two years.

"Out of all the places in this class, I have to sit next to the child?" Zach says out load.

"You know I have no time for babysitting." He giggles laughing at his own joke, along with the class. Classic.

The teacher walks past me leaving me a tissue on my book. I don't get it. So I just use it to blow my nose.

"Looking beautiful today kiddo."

He got on my nerves so I turn around to respond to him *Chchick *

He takes a picture of my face and bursts out laughing. I'm puzzled at that moment. What does he want? "Delete that picture Zach or I swear.." "Swear what? Your gonna tell daddy?"

The class laughs yet again.

"Zach cut that off or you might as well be absent" The teacher says, finally.

I roll my eyes and look to the front.

The teacher walks past me as she starts to explain our lesson and leaves me another tissue.

I look at it confused and put in my bag. Why is she handing me tissues?

Zach giggles a little bit and says acting all merciful "it's for your black eyes, princess"

It finally hits me, I wore mascara and I must look like a ghost right now after all the crying! Oh my god that's why everyone was staring at me back in the corridor. God I'm such a fool!

"I know, I purposely did them that way this morning." I lie while stuffing the napkin inside my bag.

"So you're looking like a ghost on purpose, honey Halloween was a month ago." Zach holding his laugh.

"What do you know about fashion and make-up anyway?" I say rhetorically.

"One basic thing, that the purpose of make-up is to actually look prettier not scarier."

I lost the argument as soon as I started it. I rolled my eyes.

He whispers in my ear "I win." I give him a hard daring look. I'm out of words.

I get inside our house and run upstairs to my room. This was the worst day ever. I kept getting picked on. I don't want to see my mom's face, my stepdad's face or anyone's face for that matter. I throw my bag on the floor, change and lay on my bed to watch a TV show on my laptop. The TV show succeeded in getting me away from my world just for a little while. When I finished, I looked for my phone to check on life and I get shocked. A freaking million notifications on my phone and 5 missed calls from my friend Michelle. So I call her back, "hey Mich, what's wrong? my phone is on fire.." I say with a tired voice. "OH MY GOD HAVEN'T YOU SEEN?" Michelle screams into my ear. "what? Calm down" I say carelessly. "ZACK FREAKING SOLAFF POSTED YOUR PICTURE ON HIS INSTAGRAM!" 

Hey Everyone,

What do you think of this chapter?

And what do you think Aria will do after all that happened?

I would LOVE to read your comments, thoughts and constructive criticism so do not hesitate to share!

Good Day,

M.