SIX

After a week or so I started to get used to hanging out with Zach and his friends since Zach drives me around anyway.

In school

Clay: "Hey dorky, long time no see."

I felt awkward. It has been a very long time and I feel kind of guilty but in my defense. I was kinda busy all day.

"Hey you, I've missed you."

"Have you really?" he says as he eyes me up and down.

"What? I have but you know Dan and his rules I can't really hang out with you" I say in a low ashamed voice.

"I wonder why the other guys don't apply to the rule or have you found a cooler squad?" he says, clearly doubting me.

"What? Are you serious? I spend time with them because I have to, not because I want to. Besides, they're not even my type of people since when do people like me hang out with ZACH AND JAMES"

"You surely look like a good candidate." What is wrong with Clay????

"Since when did you become this way? All of sudden full of doubts, I can't deal with this right now. I have enough on my plate. When you've dealt with your shit come talk to me"

"Yeah go hang out with the new gang, you know as soon as your mom comes back you'll go back right where you belong."

I'm extremely upset with what Clay told me. I have never in my mind thought that this kind of behavior would come from him, my childhood best friend. We haven't had such a serious fight in years and we fight over this? Who I hang out with? What's his problem? I haven't had a good laugh in a long time and they actually make me laugh. So why wouldn't I enjoy their company for the time being. On the other hand when I hang out with him, he spends most of the time asking about Dan and how he's like.. as if he likes him and bores me with all his questions. AHH such a douche.

This situation with Clay kept me down and upset for a while. On our way back home Zach was surprisingly less annoying than usual. Concerned also.

"Aria, is something wrong?" He asks with deep meaning in his eyes.

"No, hmmmm since when did you start caring about me?" I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Never, that was just an act." He's back to his old senses.

"Aria, I'm tired of driving can you drive us back?" he asks in a strange voice.

I'm on top of my heels. I want to drive so bad I've never driven before. I learned everything, though on Youtube but I've never practiced. I decided not to tell him that I've never driven before. Besides it's not like the roads were crowded or anything.

"Yeah sure." I say calmly. Or trying to act calm. BUT I'M FREAKING EXCITED.

He gets out of the driver seat and we exchange seats. I try to remember all my lessons and locate where everything is with my hands and feet.

"What are you doing" He asks all weirded out.

"Just making sure of everything's place before I drive" I say trying to act cool

"Okay whatever" I can see him rolling his eyes with my peripheral vision.

I go with the flow and start driving the car. I start to get comfortable and I hear him talking but I can't pay attention to what he's saying, I'm too focused on the driving.

I take a really hard turn without using the breaks and it's noticeable that I don't know how to drive.

"OMG are you high? What was that."