SEVEN

"I feel like I'm giving you my whole story in just one night."

"I'm sorry, let's change the subject."

"No it's fine. Well, 4 years ago my dad got fired for a simple mistake. He was out of a job for 6 months and he made very bad decisions. He was acting very strangely and we didn't like it. Then, to top it all off he cheated on my mom and that was it. We couldn't tolerate his behavior so my mom decided to get a divorce and I chose to stay with my mom." I'm really feeling vulnerable telling him all this but my gut feeling tells me that I can trust him.

"So where is he now?" He asks.

"I really don't know I haven't spoken with him since then, I heard he got a prestigious job but I was really upset with him."

"Hasn't he tried to reach out."

"He tried, many times might I add, but I was still holding a grudge, I felt like he has burnt our family into ashes with his carelessness."

"Don't you think you're a little too harsh on him? He made a mistake, he was in a low state in his life. I mean haven't you did stuff you regret?"

"it's true, but not like that, I don't know really."

We drive back home and he has opened a lot of doors of my past. I sat in silence on our way back thinking about what ifs. And thinking about my dad.

We sneak inside and exchange our good nights and everyone goes back to their room.

The following day we both woke up extremely late. There was no way in hell we would catch the first period. So we just sat there in the dining room eating breakfast and exchanging small talk with his parents.

"Guys ,aren't you running late?" Mrs.Solaff asks.

"It's fine mom, we both don't have first period." He lies and I nod.

"Great." She says, obviously knows that her son is lying but doesn't want to make a fuss about it.

We get outside the house and he throws the keys on me.

"Drive" he tells me.

"Are you insane?" I ask him. Thinking about a million ways I might go through an accident in this rush hour.

"Just drive you're ready." He stares at me trying to scare me.

"Wow umm okay." It's a great opportunity, I think to myself.

We drive and he assists me, I dodged a bullet three times, the drive was insane. I screamed more than I talked but in the end, we finally made it.

"Oh my god Aria I lost my eardrums."

"You're the one who suggested I drive, face the consequences." I walk in confidence leaving him rant as long as he wants.

That day was my last day at the Solaffs. I started packing my things. I had a really good relaxing time in their house. I laugh at the fact that when I came in here I was extremely furious. In a long time I have never felt this peaceful emotionally. Meeting Zach and James and the other new friends I started to hang out with actually made me feel happy and have a good laugh. Not that my original friends were any less of friends, no they were perfect. Except for Clay. He gave me crap for meeting new people which opened my eyes to many things. One was that he always had his own time to be with his own friends and do whatever he likes and I respected that. For God's sake that is a human right. On the other hand, when it was me he won't accept it. I don't want to even waste my time in trying to rationalize his actions. His presence these days doesn't make me feel good so why bother?