Chapter 1 - Part 2:The Bucket List

Chapter 1-Part 2... – The Bucket List

Daniel’s POV...

Idiot, complete and utter idiot. Why did I have to go do something stupid like that? I punched the wall with my fist clenched so tight my hand was becoming a distinctively red colour, but I couldn’t help it cause I was just so angry with myself. I just couldn’t believe what an idiot I was to her; I hated myself for what happened mere seconds ago.

*Flashback of what just occurred*

 Walking into the school canteen, I spotted the girl I was stupid around 24/7 round school, as well as out of school. In fact every encounter I had with her. It was ridiculous, I hate myself for the way I act around her but I don’t know what to do causing me to end up bullying her, I hate myself for that though.

Kenzie. There she sat in all her beauty, alone as usual. Today was different though, usually she had a pad to doodle in, today though she had a smaller pad, a notepad that she was writing in.

Every now and then she got that distant look in her eyes that was filled with emotions she kept bottled down.

Curiosity got the best of me as I wandered over to take a look at what she was writing. I was gonna try and be my usual civil self round her for a change, but I didn’t know what she’d think and before I stop myself I go idiot mode.

Snatching the book from under her slender, petite fingers I glanced at the words wrote in nice neat handwriting.

I was puzzled as I read the title of the page: Bucket List!

1. Have someone to mess around with all day e.g. eat chocolate, act like a 16 year old for once

2. Do something reckless

3. Go skydiving

4. Go to the place they did Harry Potter

5. Swim with dolphins

6. Go to Australia – see a sunrise

7. Tell my secret to someone

8. Meet O2L

9. Go to Hawaii – see a sunset

10. Fall in love

11. Go to Paris

12. Go to Disney Land

13. See Eiffel Tower

Looking Kenzie in the eye I saw panic, fear and dread. What the hell was she doing writing this rubbish.

 “Oh hey Kenzie, what you writing? Let’s see hmm interesting a bucket list,” I muttered, but again I wondered what possessed such an amazing person to write something like this. I glanced back up at her, then to the rest of the canteen.

Addressing everyone present I had to ask, “Excuse me if I’m wrong but I do believe that bucket lists are only wrote by people dying, right?” People nodded and shouted in agreement, “So why would you Kenzie be writing one?” My whole face scrunched up in confusion, which she must have noticed as she looked anywhere but at me.

Tears made an appearance as they came to the surface of Kenzie’s eyes, giving them that glassy effect. She keeps the tears at bay trying her best to push them down, takes a deep breath at an attempt to calm her irregular breathing.