Chapter 3 - Postman Incidents & Skydiving!

Chapter 3 – Postman Incident and Figuring Out Your Scared of Heights Whilst Skydiving... Oh Crap!

Kenzie’s POV...

So, waking up this morning I had a great surprise. I was awoken to a gentle knock upon my oak door. Popping the door open, followed by my mum jumping about, in a... none mum way, if I can even explain it like that.

“What’s got you so cheery at,” a quick glance at the simpson clock on the wall was needed, “6 in the morning?” I finished shrieking. “Why the bloody hell have you woken me up at such an absurd time woman?”

Shaking it off as if I hadn’t just shouted at my mother, or said anything at all for that matter screeched, “GUESS WHAT?” I didn’t even get chance to reply before she continued, “I got a booking for you and a friend to go skydiving! I rang up the other day but they were fully booked, just so happened though that I received an email yesterday saying they had a cancellation and wondered if we would like it.”

I was shocked, didn’t know what to say. Wait a minute, how did she know I wanted to go skydiving? The only person who knew what my list said was Danny?

“I found the list,” my mum answered my silent questions. At this point she had sat down next to me on my bed, stroking my hair in a motherly way, a sad smile gracing her once excited face. Gone with the hyperactive mother, this woman sat here was just a shell of that one only moments ago.

It made me think. She’s really gonna miss me once I’ve gone... That’s not good!

“Thank you mum really, thank you,” I whispered into my mums shoulder, since she had embraced me into  hug. Her warm, loving arms wrapped around me like I may disappear any second if she let go. Tears slowly leaked there way down my face, tears that could tell a whole story for themselves.

Mum’s crying, my pyjama top got a bit soggy, sticking to me as we cried together.

Minutes later my mum pulled away, wiping her tears then my own, “So who do you want to take to go skydiving with?”

“Danny,” I replied all to quickly, causing me to blush automatically.

“A boy? Has somebody got a crush?” My mum used her singy song voice, teasing me.

“Muummm,” I groaned.

“Wait isn’t that that boy that bullys you?” My mums face was full of confusion.

“No – well yes but no not now. I sort of found out why he did that and I believe him, I really do.”

“Care to explain what happened between you to make this happen?” My mum wanted more answers and if I wanted him to come with I would have to spill.

Therefore, I gushed about the whole thing to her. She just smiled then said, “Better invite him quick we leave in an hour.” She winked then left me to ring Daniel.

Picking up my phone, I found Daniel rather quickly as I have hardly any contacts then proceeded to call him.

“Hello?” A groggy voice answered. It sounded as if I woke him up.

“Danny its me. Sorry did I wake you up?”

“No, no I was planning on getting up anyway.” He informed me, even though I read straight through the lie.

“I’m sorry, I just needed to ask you something,” I said.

“Ask away!” Daniel replied.

“Well my mum just came in with some news if you wish. Well anyway she got me a booking for me and a friend to go skydiving and I was just wondering if you wanted to be that friend? You don’t have to I just-” Dan jumped in before I could finish.