Chapter 8

**Briefly Troye's POV**

"So how is everything?" Montana asked as she smiled up at me. She looked and talked to me almost as if there was nothing wrong with her. And it scared me that I would believe the lies her facial expressions held.

"Everything is great, I got married, and adopted a child, I love them more than life itself." I smiled at the thought of Connor and Skye, they have become my light.

"You adopted someone? Boy or girl? What's their name?" I smiled at her urgency.

"She's a girl, and her name is Skye, you and her are not much different. It's actually kinda scary how much alike you two are."

I grabbed her hand and looked at her seriously. "Really, how have you been?"

"Good," I could tell she was lying. The was her eyes lost their glow told me everything.

"Montana," I said, tilting my head to the side, giving her another serious look.

She let out a long sigh, "it hurts, physically and emotionally. There is this fire burning in my chest, and it never seems to stop. And everyone is expecting me to stay alive (|-/) and fight like I have since I was ten, but it's hard Troye. I want to stay alive but I can't, I'm getting worse and I'm not going to make it."

She let her head fall down after she had spilled everything she was keeping inside.

I scooted closer to her and squeezed her hand. "I wish I could say I know but I don't, and I'm sorry. I wish I knew what to say."

"It's okay," a tear fell from her hand and landed on her arm.

"Hey," I said softly, laying beside her and pulling her into my chest.

"I don't want to leave everything, my friend already told me after I die she's gonna kill herself so me and her can meet, but I don't want her to do that, Troye! I want her to live but she refuses, I don't know what to do!"

My heart shattered. I know I would do the same for Connor, I couldn't stand to live without him.

"She is only doing it because she can't live without you. I'm not saying I want her to commit suicide, but I know I would do the same for Connor, because I can't live without him, it'd kill me. And maybe it's the same with her, she doesn't want to live without you cause it would hurt to be alive when you aren't."

"But what about Skye? Would you do it to her? I don't think she would want to go back to an orphanage because her dad died and the other killed himself."

"I'm not going to, and if that happened she would go with someone else, not the orphanage, Tyler and Korey probably, anywhere but the orphanage."

"What will you do after I'm gone?" She asked quietly, her voice almost inaudible. (Audible.com/Connor)

Well, I'll cry for a while, a long while, and of course I'll go to your funeral, but in no way am I killing myself." (Nothing suicidal yet! It's coming though...*evil laugh*)

"The doctors are going to do it themselves, I feel like a sick dog being put down." (I actually had to do that to one of my dogs and I'm sad.)

"You'll be glad once it's over." I said softly, running my hand over where her hair should be. "No more medications, no more pain, no more suffering, no more cancer, everything will be great."

She nodded sadly, though she was smiling at the thought of no more cancer. "I just...don't want to leave everyone behind."

"I get that, but they understand that you don't want to suffer anymore." I pulled her closer to me, running my thumb over her arm.

"How long until they do it?"

"Five o'clock," she said with no emotion.

"Tro," she looked up at me, tears glazing her eyes.

"Yeah?"

"I'm scared," she choked out before breaking into sobs.

"I know your scared, but it'll be okay, everything will be fine." I kept repeating the same phrases over and over again, even though to her everything wasn't fine, I still wanted her to feel like it was.

The door opened and her parents walked in. Her mom wore tear stained cheeks and a sad smile, while her dad just looked dead. No emotion written anywhere on his face.

A doctor walked in after them, holding a tube of clear liquid. "It's five," he said with a sigh, walking up beside Montana. "It was an honor being your doctor, Montana." He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Montana's mom came up to the other side of her, I got up and let her mom have her time. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too, Mom." Her voice was thick with tears.

Her dad had a single tear rolling down his cheek. "Dad," she choked, reaching out for him.

He kneeled beside her, taking her pale hand into his own. "You are a real fighter, Kiddo. I'm gonna really miss you."

I stood back and bit the inside of my cheek, anything to stop me from crying.

"Fuck I hate this," the doctor whispered sadly. He unhooked the tube in her nose to another machine, stopping and looking at the family.

Montana was looking really tired, her eyes drooped and she rested her head on my shoulder.

A chorus or "I love you's" rang in the room. I pressed a kiss to her forehead and mumbled to her "I love you, thank you for being a part of my life."

A small weak smile placed on her face. Just by looking at her you could tell the cancer was catching up with her.

The doctor let out a shaky breath as he pushed a button. Clear liquid ran through the tubes and into the little girl.

"Bye," she whispered, barley audible.

And suddenly it was over. She went limp in my arms.

A stray tear rolled down my face before I burst into sobs. This strong little girl shouldn't have been put through this. She has been through so much, and this was the only way to help. This world is cruel in so many ways it's scary.

Oh
My
Fuck!

Sad, sad, sad.

I don't know if they really do that but whatever.

Sorry for the late update I've been in a really bad place lately. It consisted of being suicidal, trying to kill myself, and cutting. So, sorry but here is your update.

SORRY IF IT SUCKS!!!!!! 🍆