Chapter 2

We had been watching couples come in and look at kids for at least thirty minutes.

Only a couple hours to go. I thought to myself.

I closed my eyes and smiled as Blue Neighbourhood repeated for the second time. My finger reached over and turned it up, the volume stopping as it reached its limit.

I leaned my head back so it was resting on the top of the sofa. I reached over and pushed the earbud further into my ear.

"Skye, Skye, Skye, look, oh my god Skye!" Sage said  jabbing her finger into my arm.

"What?"I rolled my head to the side to look at her. She pointed her finger straight.

I took my head off the couch and looked at what she was pointing at.

I eyes widened as I saw what she was pointing at.

Troye and Connor were looking around, their hands linked.

I put my hand over my mouth. "Its-its them!"

"Martinez! Get over here, your turn!" Ms. Wentworth yelled.

How the whole adoption thing worked, the parent would tell Ms. Wentworth what age they wanted and she would call us one at a time from our ages. If they wanted a thirteen year old, me and Sage are the only ones here that age.

I looked back at Sage, she nodded her head. I slowly walked through the crowd of kids like Prim walking up to Effie when her name was picked.

I walked into the room, they looked back at me and smiled. I smiled and shakily raised my hand and waved.

"I'll leave you guys alone, Skye, you know where to go when they're done talking to you, so go there."

She left me with them.

Now most people would die for this, meeting the people they look up to. Which, yeah, I do love this, but I'm gonna fuck it up and act like a crazed fangirl.

"Hi, I'm Troye, and he's Connor," Troye said, a smile growing on his face.

"I-I know wh-who you a-are." I stuttered, mentally slapping myself for it.

"Really, that's great!" Connor said, smiling almost bigger than Troye's.

I opened my mouth, still processing in my head what to say. Before I thought of anything this came out: "I love you guys!"

They smiled and looked at each other. "We love you too, it's really cool meeting a fan here."

"How long have you been here?" Troye asked, changing the subject.

"I think since I was at least five," I said, smiling as I said my sentence without fucking up.

"So, you never been anywhere else?" Connor asked, his smile dropping slightly, but not enough to drop the full smile.

"Home sweet hell," I said, rolling my eyes, Troye laughed slightly.

"Well I think that's enough," Connor said, standing up, Troye following after.

"Oh, okay, well it was really great meeting you, I love you." I said, my smiled dropping as I got up too, walking past them to the door.

"Woah, wait, where do you think you're going?" Troye said, a hand rested on my shoulder and I stepped away from the door.

"How would you like to be adopted?" Connor asked, his smile widening.

"Wh-what really?!" My voice going louder then I wanted it to.