One Step Closer

The boys groaned as they slowly got up and helped their wives as well land safely. Elena was surprised to see her brothers and their wives here, but at the same time, she was relieved. "W-What do you mean?!" Sergeant gasped as he didn't understand what was going on.

Sam looked over and notice Elena staring right at him with wide-eyed. Sam sighed in relief as he happily gave a grin towards his little sister, "I'm glad to see you're ok...you doofus."

Elena blinked for a moment as she happily rushed over to Sam and wrapping her arms around him tightly. "I can't believe it's you." She buried her face in Sam's chest trying not to cry.

Sam was shocked to see Elena hug him, but he smiled and hugged her back as he gently stroked her hair. "It's ok...we're here to save you." Sam chuckled as he knew Elena would be like this.

"Why is she here?" James glared over at the rebel leaders.

"Don't be mad at them," Diana said as she got between the rebel leaders and the incubi brothers. "It wasn't their fault that this kind of situation happened. For once, you should feel lucky. If it wasn't for Shadow, your sister would have been in the Demon Lord's hands and the world would have been destroyed by the Demon Lord still more powerful than before."

The brothers and the leaders stood there silently glaring at each other giving a nod to each other. Elena frowned as she didn't know that it would have been her fault when it comes to both her brothers and the rebel leaders fighting against her. "She's right." James sighed, he turned over to Elena who wasn't making eye contact with any of them except just staring at the ground frowning in guilt.

James walked up to Elena as he put his arms around her and squeezed her gently for an embracing hug. "What matters is that you're safe and sound." James sighed in relief as he was glad Elena wasn't with the Demon Lord.

Elena was confused for a moment but, just went with the flow and hugged her older brother back. She buried her face in his chest as she didn't want to cry just yet, Elena felt relieved that her brothers along with their wives were there to save her. That was all that matters to Elena, her brothers were important to her and she was almost at the risk of losing them.

She happily looked up at James and smiled as James patted her on the head. "We're sorry." Rabbit suddenly spoke interrupting the sibling moment. Elena turned over to Rabbit who had guilt on her face, "We didn't mean any of this to happen. We were just going by what...Diana has planned for us."

"S-She's right!" Fae stuttered as she wanted to join in the conversation as well, "You see, we know that you are the Demon Lord's daughter and all and instead of seeing you as an ally...we~ just saw you as an enemy instead." Fae awkwardly grinned as she didn't mean to hurt Elena but she was ordered to instead.

"It's fine." Elena shyly nodded, "I just have to thank you guys. I couldn't thank you enough for saving me. I know saving an enemy was tough, but don't take me as the bad person. The person we are going against is my father himself. And trust me, we hate that old man way more than you guys."

Sam chuckled as he nodded, "Looks like my words are finally passing down to my little sister." He patted Elena on the head and put his arm around her shoulder pulling her close.

Diana nodded, "I was going to head back to the demon world with Saero eventually, but with your father engaging the war it looks like you won't have enough time and we need to start the war as soon as possible here."

"We have been fighting that brute for 10 years." Shadow scoffed as he wanted to end the battle already. "It's time we finish this off."

"I agree!" Fae happily said as she flew around and went towards Elena, "Elena is not really that much of a bad person, so I don't get to see why we have to kill her!"