Pilot

November

I walked into school on Monday morning and was instantly greeted with screams.

Chaos was the only word I could think of to describe the halls. Girls were everywhere, clutching the newest edition of the Agreste Fashion magazine and either squealing with delight or sobbing.

"Oh my-"

"Did you hear?!"

"ADRIEN AGRESTE!"

"-yes, that's right! Here! In New York!"

I groaned as I caught bits of conversation on the way to my locker, pushing a group of sobbing girls out of the way so I could open it. Taped to the front of my locker was a picture of the model featured in the Agreste Fashion magazine with the caption "Meet Adrien Agreste!" printed on the bottom in big letters. Below that was a list of dates and times that I didn't bother reading before I crumpled up the paper and tossed it behind me, where a girl who was near hysterics quickly rushed to pick it up to clutch it tightly.

"Oh my gosh, did you hear?" Said an overly-exaggerated feminine voice to my left.

"Adrien Agreste is coming here! I totally need to get my hands on his schedule!" Said another voice to my right. I smirked and turned around to see my two best friends, Izzie Sunders and Margo Vesper, standing behind me.

"You two back off! Adrien is mine!" I laughed before rolling my eyes.

"As if," Noelle said as we began to walk to our homeroom class (Margo, Izzie and I all had almost identical schedules).

"I heard he was going to be finishing a photo shoot in Central Park after school, so you might want to steer clear of that place today," Izzie informed us as we sat down. I groaned.

"Ughh," I grumbled. "I always hang out there after school to draw. It's too crowded at home to think. Now what do I do?"

"Sorry, girl," Margo said with a cringe, patting my shoulder in a comforting sort of way.

Just as I was about to respond, the bell rang and class started, cutting our conversation short.

¤~¤

"-and then he was gone without another word!" Laughed Margo on the other side of the phone. I giggled as I walked through Central Park, headed to my usual spot to draw.

A chilly breeze in the almost-winter air tickled my freckled skin as I lifted my hands from my pockets to pull my grey beanie down over my ears and adjusted my scarf that was tied around my neck.

Margo's voice continued to crackle in my earbuds as we talked on the phone, telling me about a funny encounter she had with a boy from school earlier. I chuckled as she described how terrified the boy had looked as he ran passed a group of screaming girls between classes. Usually, our phone conversations were with Izzie as well, but she was preoccupied with something else at the moment and couldn't talk.

As I neared my normal bench, I noticed hundreds of screaming girls crowded around it. I groaned into the phone.

"What?" Margo asked as I prepared to make those girls get off my bench.

"I forgot that model was going to be out here today. There's tons of screaming girls over at my drawing bench! I'm going to have to call you back," I huffed as I cracked my knuckles.

"Don't beat them up too bad," Margo said on the other end of the phone, the smirk on her face evident in her voice.

"I won't. Probably. Later!" I hung up the phone, stuffing my earbuds back into my pockets and walking over to the girls with a furious expression.