Chapter 2

Alex and I sat down at a fast food restaurant. The mall was full of people. Damn. I chose the wrong place to hang out. Somehow the presence of people made me feel annoyed lately. Alex volunteered to go and buy the food. I glanced at the queue. It was very long, so I just asked him to buy me a drink. He nodded and went off.
          I sat there and just looked around. A boy with a hooded black jacket caught my eye. He was sitting on a bench alone, looking down his feet. I'm not sure what was interesting about him but the atmosphere around him was.. weird? No, it was actually quite fascinating. He suddenly lifted his head up and our eyes met. I stared into his eyes, unconsciously. His eyes were beautiful, unlike any other's. Alex came back with a tray of food and asked me if there's anything wrong. I said no and turned to look back at the boy. He was gone.

"Alex.. Something has been bothering me lately." I coughed up a conversation.
"What? Is it my utterly handsome face?" he said being a child he was.
"Sadly, no. Is it normal for a person to feel irritated with other people's presence?" I asked.
"Like what?" he replied.
"Um.. like people talking and doing stuff.. I'm not so sure myself." I answered.
"Well, you've always been that way if I'm not mistaken." he spat.
"Yeah but it's somehow escalated to a level where I just don't want to go outside anymore." I said, frowning.
Suddenly he put down his drink and grabbed my hand.
"Let's go." he said, dragging me out of the mall.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

          We arrived at a playground, surrounded by kids. He dragged me to a swing and ordered me to sit down. I just followed him willingly. He gave me a push on the back and started singing a children's song. I didn't know what the song was or maybe I'd just forgotten it. I looked up the sky and felt a cold breeze flowing around us. It was amazing how the clouds formed different shapes. I saw one that looked like a cat playing with a ball of yarn. Children there were a bit confused with our presence. Obviously it's because we're both grown ups. I was a little embarrassed but just ignored them. It was much more enjoyable to just feel the wind blew through ourselves. Not a care in the world.

"I'm such a lucky bastard to have a friend like you, Alex." I whispered to myself.
"Well, I don't consider yourself a bastard but thanks!" he grinned while showing me his cute dimples.
"Didn't your mother taught you that it's not nice to eavesdrop?" I joked.
He chuckled and we just enjoyed ourselves in the playground until the sun sets.

          He walked me to my house and we said our goodbyes. I felt a little exhausted due to hours of fun with Alex, so I went to my bedroom to sleep. It was quiet. It was too quiet. The silence didn't bother me at all. In fact, it made me feel most at ease. Gently, I closed my eyes and went to a place of darkness.

"Don't go."

A whisper appeared.