Chapter 4

Aston looked unexpectedly.. calm. I mean, why wouldn't he? The scenery was breathtaking. The soft wind slowly swept his slightly long hair, covering his eyes. He was beautiful. I was unconsciously staring at him. I really wanted to know this unusual loner. I slowly walked up to him and sat beside him. He wasn't even startled by my sudden appearance. He just glanced up the sky. Looking beyond what my eyes couldn't see. I didn't really know what to say to him, so I just joined him, embracing the sky. He was still laying there, motionless.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I finally uttered some words.
He nodded slowly, still in mute. I wondered what kind of person he was. Could he be the kind who's gloomy and solemn? He looked like one though. Well, there's always a reason for everything, I guess.

We laid there for quite some time, not muttering a single word. Suddenly, Aston finally stood up. He looked up the sky one last time before he turned his glance towards me. Our eyes connected and I felt the world just.. stopped for awhile. His steel gray eyes were glittering under the blue sky. It was beautiful.. but somehow his eyes seemed dead. Cold and soulless. Maybe it was just my deep thoughts that made it looked that way. Maybe.. but hey, maybe is always a possibility.

He gestured his hands, saying goodbye I suppose, and just walked away in silence.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I just couldn't sleep that night. My mind was fluttering around in an unidentifiable dimension. I was tossing and turning vigorously on my bed, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep, hopefully. It was no use. The problem wasn't the bed obviously. I was overly thinking about Aston. I just couldn't get this image of his eyes out of my head. I was too inquisitive to know about him. It's like something that you just have to do. It's not something that you can just ignore. Call me a creep or a stalker, whatever! I'm not sure why but somehow I feel like Aston was begging for someone to notice him. Not his presence or appearance, but his story. His sadness, pain and suffering. His life. Wanting a person to listen and understand. Or so I thought. See? These particular thoughts kept disturbing me. I had to do something.

"Don't go."

I heard a whisper. It was so sudden that I almost fell off the bed hearing it. It was that same whisper I heard the other night. It didn't repeat itself though, thankfully. I was scared mindless. A few seconds after, that ray of light suddenly blaze through the blinds. Flickering aimlessly.
The whisper.
The light.
Aston.
It was too much. I couldn't handle the pressure, so I ran out of the house and into the darkness of the night. Wandering around like a lost soul looking for its own body.
Finding a purpose in this insignificant place called life.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

          It was cold outside. I rushed outside so suddenly and forgot to bring a jacket along with me. I crossed my arms tightly, hoping to get a little warmth out of myself. The neighbourhood was quiet, as though not a single person was present there. As I walk down a sloppy sidewalk, I saw a tall silhouette walking down the same path as I was. It was a man. His hands were neatly put into his jacket's pockets. Huh, lucky. As I walk closer to him, his stature seemed familiar to me.

"Alex?" I called out to him. He turned towards me, looking as surprised as I was.
"Rose!? What are you doing here outside all alone?" he yelled. I was really glad it was Alex who was there and not some other possible psychopaths. Seeing me shivering uncontrollably, he quickly took off his jacket and put it on me. Quite the gentleman, I thought.
"I'm glad you're here, Alex." I said to him, smiling.
"Yeah but I'm definitely not glad seeing you here, looking like a frozen pop sickle." he spat.
I just smiled and asked him if he would be kind enough to walk along with me.

He didn't even hesitate to nod and just followed me.