Chapter Fifteen (Tris's POV)

AN/ Hi guys, I would have liked to put this chapter in Caleb's point of view, but it had to be Tris because of the events in this chapter.
Thanks for reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to find Tobias's warmth missing from the side of the bed. I notice Caleb is absent from the couch he was originally on as well.

Where are they?

I slowly slide out of the bed, the cold air makes me shiver. The room looks untouched, like no one had been in it for a few years. A agonizing scream rips through my ears. It sounds so familiar.

Tobias.

I jump off the bed, the movement makes my feet sting from the impact. I run to the door, my feet don't want to stop moving, I almost face plant into it. I fumble with the door knob until it opens, frantically look down the hallway extending in three ways around me.

"Tobias!" I yell, my voice hitching. I can feel tears stinging the backs of my eyes. A loud cracking noise rings through the hallway again. Only a grunt escapes his mouth.

"Tobias where are you!" I yell again, the tears threatening to spill over. There is no answer. Only the sound of cracking again. I run down the first hallway, my heart beats a steady beat in my throat. The hallway leads to a dead end. I run back the way I came from, my feet hammering loudly on the flooring.

"Tobias please!" I scream, the tears spill over, blurring my vision. I quickly wipe my eyes and run down the next hallway. At the end of the hallway there is two more ways I could run.

Left or Right?

"Answer me please!" I say quietly, I know nobody can hear me, it's worth a shot though.

"Tris," A weak voice--Tobias's says. I run down the hallway in which I heard his voice. Exhilaration pulses through my veins, making me continue running. My lungs burn, I realize I have been holding my breath. I refuse to stop running.

"Tobias!" I yell again, for a moment there is silence.

"Tris!" He yells, a grunt immediately following his words. Another cracking sound.

"Tobias!" I scream, my voice echoing through the hallway.

"Tris!" His voice beckons, I follow it to a small room, I try opening the handle the door is locked. I fidget quickly with the door knob, desperately attempting to get  it open.

"Tobias!" I say banging on the door with my fist, the noise echoes loudly through the hallway. A bloody hand comes across the small window on the door, the figure pulling its self up. There are deep cuts on his face, even more scars on his shoulders and stomach.

Tobias. Tears flood my vision again, I sob and bang on the door louder. My hand throbs from hitting the door so hard. A figure comes up behind him, armed with a gun.

"Tobias!" I scream, the figure comes out of the shadows, completely revealing its self.

Marcus.

Tobias leans his head up against the glass separating us. Only the glass separates us, the one inch glass. I could have helped him by now, if the glass wasn't there. We are so close together, yet so far apart. I put my hand up against the glass.

A loud gunshot rings through the air as Tobias's figure slumps to the ground.

"Tobias!" I scream, banging as loudly as I can on the door. I can feel tears running down my face. Marcus opens the door pushing his limp son out of the way.

That heartless bastard.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I scream at him, he looks up at me his eyes emotionless.

"He only liked you because your a slut." Marcus states as he leaves.

Anger rages through my body. I lunge for him tackling him, but he throws me off quickly.

Light floods my vision.

Whats happening?

I can still feel tears running down my face. What's happening?

I open my eyes, quickly blinking away my tears, expecting to see Marcus retreating from his victim.

"Tris!" Tobias yells pushing past some soldiers.

I can feel my eyes widening.

"You-Your- Your not dead!" I stammer, my voice flooding with relief. He frowns, as if he knows something I don't know.

"Where am I?" I ask, I can feel how stupid I look.

"In the lab," he explains, his eyes look different, they are a paler blue than they were yesterday.

"I never went to the lab this morning, I woke up, you and Caleb weren't in the room, I ran everywhere looking for you and then when I finally found you it was to late. I watched you die, I couldn't do anything about it." I sob, he pulls me into a hug.

"Jeanine gave you serum to forget ever waking up this morning, everything that happened this morning." He explains picking me up bridal style.

Jeanine smiles at her computer, she must have been pleased with what she saw in the simulation. It all felt so much  more real than the previous tests she's put me through.

"Can we go?" Tobias asks, still holding me, my arms wrapped around his neck. I press my face into his chest, he smells safe.

"Thank you Miss Prior." Jeanine states, I'm still a little out of it from the simulation. I didn't hear the rest of what she said. "You are dismissed back to your room." She says, snapping me back to attention.

Tobias still clutches me to his chest, I don't plan on letting go anytime soon.

We finally reach the room, the soldiers open the door, Caleb looks back at us from the couch. Before he can say anything the soldiers shut the door behind us.

"Please put her down." Caleb states plainly, his glasses knocked askew, he quickly adjusts them.

"No," I say, looking up at Tobias, "Don't put me down." I cuddle closer to him. Caleb rolls his eyes and continues to read whatever the heck he's into this week.

Tobias climbs into bed, setting me beside him. I don't even bother putting on pajamas. I just lay there enjoying his comfort. Until I drift off into a nightmare filled sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I had it written before then I changed it to make it make more sense. 

VoteShare
Comment!

Comment who's POV the next chapter should be in!

Write on!
~TheDivergentWriter