Thirteen *PG13*

Sorry if the editing is poor 😕 It's been soooo long since an update that I thought I'd throw this on here, I'll tidy it up before the next chapter for sure. She's pretty long, grab a couple snacks!

"Mitch!" He perked up hearing his name called from the living room. "What's your Pandora password? It's important!"

"Same as my email."

"Thanks! Come here."

Mitch dropped the barely stained Clorox wipe in the trash, admiring the shining counter surface before washing his hands. The kitchen was nearly spotless again and he'd thought he couldn't have been more pleased until Scott called out to him to distract him from it. He could hear music from the couch and stepped out to find Scott grinning at him. His backpack lay discarded on the floor and Scott had obviously raided it for the laptop that was now resting on his thighs and streaming music. It sounded like Sia, but he couldn't be sure. It sounded sweet and slow and felt good in his ears, a pleasant change from his past few hours.

"Come here!"

Mitch squinted at him as he sat in the dark room, barely able to make out Scott's expression in the faint illumination of the halo of string lights hung around the walls of the living room. He'd been growing antsy himself since the guests left but Scott just seemed too happy and carefree. It threw him off. "Why?"

"I wanna dance with you. Please? Come here."

Mitch strolled over to him and Scott slid the laptop off of his lap and onto the floor. He stood up and smiled at Mitch before taking one of his hands in his own, resting the other on Mitch's lower back. Mitch stumbled a little when Scott began to move but soon caught on and melted into him. He leaned comfortably into Scott's chest, resting his head against his shoulder as they fell into a slow, relaxed rhythm.

It had been way too long since they'd last danced like this, and it felt so, so good. Mitch closed his eyes, imagining them in a better place as the pretty music filled his ears and the warmth of Scott's body pressed against his own slightly chilly skin. The more Scott moved with him, the more he loved it. He sighed contentedly and tried to form a scene behind his eyelids. He tried to imagine them dancing like this in a nicer room, a house maybe. No, a garden. It would be so nice to dance like this in a garden, string lights hanging around them just like they were around this room, but softer and prettier and less sloppily hung.

He was feeling lovey tonight and let his imagination run a little. It would be nighttime as they danced together in their garden and there would be tiny, tiny stars flickering in the dark sky above them. The air would be just cold enough to give them an excuse to cling to each other, not that they needed one, but comfortable enough that it wouldn't bother them. His fingers wouldn't feel stiff from cleaning and Scott wouldn't smell like the salon. Maybe there would be a little pond nearby with swans swimming around, watching them jealously as they swayed to the music together. Maybe their little garden would be full of flowers, colorful and beautiful and strategically placed so that they wouldn't get in their way. They would surround the garden elegantly, their colors dimmed down in the moonlight, and Mitch wouldn't have to worry about stepping on them, nothing at risk of being crushed the plush grass beneath them. No, the flowers were way too pretty to step on. He could almost smell them if he breathed deeply enough. Maybe it would ha-

"Love you so much, baby."

Mitch hummed lightly against him, trying to drone out Scott's voice with his own pretty thoughts. He felt a kiss press on the top of his head.