Chapter:5

I got off work and drove to the stadium. I found a parking space and was able to get in because I was a student. I sat in the student section to cheer on the team.

The girls came and sat next to me. At the end of the game we all went and ate somewhere. I never wanted to go home but had to.

I parked and quietly entered. No use I was beaten and locked in my room for another night. Tomorrow I get paid so I can get myself food. I packed a bag full of clothes and stuck it outside my window. Then grabbed a refillable water bottle from my stash.

I snuck out and took my truck to the field. I parked hidden and climbed into the back. This first few months is going to be rough. I fell asleep bruised and hurt.

I parked in my spot and sat there

I parked in my spot and sat there. I felt tears roll down my face because I hurt so bad. I even took ibuprofen for the pain and it still hurts. Breathing has been hard too. The guys were already here. One and a half months to go. I couldn't do it but had to.

So far my parents have paid less than an eighth of the million. I haven't paid a cent and never have to. There was a knock at my door. I turned and saw Amber. I waved for her to go to the other side.

I unlocked the door and let her in. First question she asked was if I was ok. I wanted to scream that I wasn't ok that I was hurting and needing someplace for me to stay other than my own house.

"I know your hurt. Please tell me what's wrong." She said. "I really want to tell someone but I'm afraid of what's going to happen." I told her. "I'm not going to judge your personal life."

"Ok my parents think it's ok to beat me because of their financial problems. They owe at least one million dollars to companies and stores. The reason behind it was because my grandpa and uncle taught me how to drive a tractor and combine. So every year I pulled off two crops. Wheat and corn. That's what paid for the electric and water at the house. Then after I was able to drive I got a job to pay for food."

"So how did your parents not get any of the money?" She asked. "My grandpa helped me by setting up a bank account for me when my first crop came in. I've been using it ever since then making sure that I would have actually been able to go to college but when my parents came home one day and told me that they quit their jobs. I knew college was out of reach for me now. Now my only chance is to get an academic scholarship for it." I told her.

"If you need a place to stay I'm there for you. Call or just show up at my door and I'll let you in with open arms." She told me hugging me. I winced a little and she lighten her grip.

I smiled at her. She gave me a tissue. "Now dry those tears. We're going to have a sleepover tonight and get more acquainted. You only have to tell the others if you want. I'm not going to force you into something you don't want to do." She told me.

"Thanks." I said. "No problem. That's what I'm here for." She replied. We both got out and walked up to the building for class. "Run the bell is about to ring!" She said. We flew down the hall and into the room just before the bell rang.

I sat down in my seat smiling. Can't wait for tonight. The bell rang and I went straight to my second class. On the way I dodged Kale and made it to class without a problem.

The only class without Logan. Not that bad. To be honest he is a nice guy and if I had to tell someone else what's been going on then it would probably be him.

I finished my work and got a text from someone I didn't know. I know I gave the girls my number but non of guys. 'It's Logan. Sorry for not sending that before saying hey.'
'It's fine.' I texted him back.
'Finished my work and I'm bored.'
'Same here.'
'Hah. Understandable.😉' I smiled at the text.

Logan's POV
Why did I just send her an emoji? Sitting in an elective is boring. Especially this one. But my parents thought this would be fun for me. Let me rephrase my kind of fun, gym and sports are fun for me not some desk elective like a computer class or language class.

There's something going on with her, I'm not going to be a pushy person and make her spill it.

"Mr. Ray would you like detention for texting in my class?" I looked up at Mr. Viet. "No sir." I told him. "Then I suggest you put your phone up or else I will be calling your father and don't think I won't." He told me as I put my phone away.

I knew he wasn't joking because he did it freshman year.

Tessie's POV
The bell rang and I jumped out of my seat. I almost ran to my next class. I sat down and rubbed my thighs. Amber came in and sat down in front of me. "Hurt?" I nodded. Fisher came in and sat next to her. Logan came in and sat behind me.

Becky sat next to me with her boyfriend behind her. The other two came in and sat behind them. We practically talked most of the hour while we worked.