Laced and Alone

Laced And Alone

Prologue:

Legend. No, not a myth, a girl.

She was raised, appraised, and sold. Again and again.

As soon as her parents witnessed the smoke flood from her open lips, the rolled cigarette blazing in her hand, they were done.

They took her to the Auction.

The Auction, the place where unwanted teens are taken.

Their "issue", their "malfunctions" listed beneath the cage in which they were imprisoned.

These faulty teens looked at like property, like rejects, and most assumed they were.

In this "Perfect" society, there can't be any mistakes.

The mistakes are taken to the Auction in hopes that they are going to the right person to make them "perfect" once again.

Legend, 17, was knocked out and caged. She was put on the high shelves and sold.

She's a rebellious teenage girl who just can't wait to be 18. Able to make her own decisions.

Legend is sold to a young couple with a 18 year old boy, Phoenix, everything will change.

This couple doesn't believe in the "perfection" of the society, they want Legend to be herself.

Herself; the drugs, the vodka, the waking up not knowing who she was next to. All of it.

But when Phoenix takes an interest in her, but not what she's into, can it work? Or were they destined to be apart?