Chapter 1:

Legends POV:

I forced my eyes open, suddenly being blinded by the light, and gazed around.

I saw through the slits of the thick meshed wire cage, people.

Couples. Every where. Families even. One little girl, poor thing, pointed her candy coated finger, at me.

"Mommy, mommy! Look! Please please please can we get her!?" The small child's voice pierced the air. She talked about me as though I was an animal. Nothing but property.

"Sure! Let's go look at her paperwork." Ugh, please no.

I saw them approach my cage. I knew what was listed on my "paperwork."

As the mom and others came near I looked her in the eyes, my eyes cold and my stare even colder.

"I eat little children in their sleep."

I said it plainly and simply. I might as well have said I like puppies, as far as the tone went, but the message was clear.

"Back away, and no one gets hurt."

The whole little coven of them stopped, wide eyed, and turned and walked away.

Crisis avoided.

After a few painfully long hours, I laid back and tried to sleep. No need to be mean, no, not when I can sleep.

Phoenix's POV:

I begged my parents not to make me go.

Not to make me come to The Auction with them. I didn't want to see the desperate little sluts, begging to go home with me.

I don't mean to brag, but I've been told I'm fairly attractive, and well I knew that there would be at least a few girls being their little sleazy slutty selves and trying to get in my pants.

They made me tag along anyway.

As I entered the warehouse type building I could see cages on the shelves, the paperwork beneath them.

I scanned the people inside the cages. My parents are making me make the decision and I'm ok with that.

Apparently I'm supposed to pick a "potential mate". Whatever the fuck that means.

"Hey! Nice Ass!" I already heard catcalls and whores trying to get my attention.

I looked at who called and I saw very little clothing but a whole lot of skin... And ... Um.. Implants..

"Hey!" She looked hopeful. Dirty little whore.

"Put on some clothes, I don't like looking at plastic." And then I continued on, hearing the shriek of embarrassment and not giving a fuck.

As I scanned, I saw what looked to be an empty cage. I wandered over and peered inside.

It was far from empty.

I saw a girl, no older than 17 ... Sleeping.

How she was calm enough to sleep, I'll never know.

She's about to be auctioned.

Maybe she isn't worried... I wonder what she could've done to get in here...

I let my gaze fall onto her papers.

This should tell me...

It read:

Name: Legend

Age: 17

Birthday: April 27, 1997

In the Auction for: