Chapter Three

I jump around quickly and without hesitation, I punch the person who grabbed my shoulders."Ouch! Hey now! I just came to check on you!" I jumped up and saw Natsu on the ground rubbing his stomach. "I'm so sorry!" I quickly say as I reach down to help him get to his feet." It's nothing to worry yourself about. "Why did ya run off?" Natsu asked with a gleam in his eyes. Crap. I completely forgot! I think. "I just needed to think about something, that's all." I responded. "Well let's head back and get your mark." He said. We walked back and we never said a word to one another. I looked at him as we reached town and he gave me an assuring smile that everything was going to be ok. We  made it back to the guild before the sun was going to set. Almost everyone was gone but only a few people left. I followed Natsu to the bar and he began an to talk to a white-haired girl cleaning a glass. "Hi there Kai! Are you ready for your mark?" She asked. "I think so." I replied. "Where do you want it at and what color?" I look at the stamp she pulled out and thought about my decision."Can I get it on my thigh? And I'd like it to be the color dark green please." I asked. "Sure thing!" The white-haired girl said with a huge grin on her face. She placed the stamp on my leg and pressed the button on the top." There you go! Congratulations! You're now officially part of the Fairy Tail guild!" She said with great joy in her voice. I look at my leg see the glowing mark I had just received and began the smile."Wicked." I mutter to myself. Soon the guild was shut down for the night and my time with Natsu came to an end. Due to me not having a place of my own, I was allowed to stay at the guild until I found an apartment I could afford. I didn't have exactly anything to do, so I went to my room after the white haired girl cleaned the guild hall, which I gladly helped her sweep the floors. I laid down on the bed and looked up to the ceiling. Everything is going to change.
~TIME LAPSE ONE WEEK LATER~
I soon found an apartment nearby the guild. It was a cute country looking home with pale green walls and hardwood floors. My bed had an iron frame and it had matching sheets with the walls. Connected by a short hallway, the living room and the kitchen were the perfect size for only one person and some guests. I soon bought some decorations like flowers, picture frames, three-dimensional shapes, and other little bobbles and such. I soon meet Natsu's friends Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy, and two exceeds Carla, and Happy. Each day, I go out with a wizard and they teach me their magic. Gramps said that whenever I find my magic, most likely a large chunk of my memories will come back. That's how we know it's the magic I use. I've tried transfiguration, fire, ice, requip, and it seems like hundreds of other different types of magic, but no luck. I've beginning to wonder if I ever used magic before. " Kai!" I look over my back and see Natsu running across the guild hall. "What is it Natsu?" I asked. " I got us a job to go on!" He said as his eyes began to shimmer with excitement. "A job? Natsu. You know I'm a good partner to go on a job with. Who knows? I could screw the whole thing up." He sat down at the table I was at and looked me straight in the eye." You're coming. I think I might can help you recall something, even if it is only a simple sliver." He said firmly. I rise from my seat and gather my things."Alright, I'll come. Where do we need to meet?" Natsu's eyes gleamed at the sight of me agreeing to come along and replied, " I'll meet you at your house. Just be ready when the sun rises." And just like that, he booted out of the guild and Happy trailing not far behind. "See you Kai!" Happy shouts as he leaves.
I woke up before the sun rose and I took a cool shower. I went to my closet and put on a new outfit I recently bought. It was a white and black pinstriped crop top that cut off just below my belly button. To go with the top, I wore a short, somewhat frilly black skirt. I put on my black high tops and braided my hair into pigtails. I began to cook myself breakfast just as the sun began to rise. For breakfast, I have eggs, toast, and some milk. Suddenly, I heard a knock at my door. I arose from my chair and opened the door. There was Natsu and Happy at the door to greet me with a ginormous grin. I welcomed them in and they took a seat at the table with me as I drank my last bit of coffee. "So what exactly is the job?" I question Natsu. Natsu looked at Happy and then back at me. "It's nothing fancy. All we have to do is beat up some dark guild members and set free the captives." He answered. I nod my head in response and grab my bag full of books, magical objects, and a snack or two. "Well what are you waiting for? Let's go!" I said.
We arrived at the town after five miserable hours with Natsu and what was left over in his stomach. "Natsu, we are finally here!" I whisper in his ear as the train slowed to a stop." WE STOPPED MOVING!!!" Natsu shouts at the top of his lungs. We reached the one and only hotel in the town and went to get a room for the night, for by the time we had reached the town, it had been late afternoon. "What do you mean there is only one room?" I ask boldly. "I'm sorry ma'am I know it doesn't look like we are busy here but evidently we are. I can lower the price if that makes you feel better?" The lady at the register replied. I glance at Natsu and then I noticed something peculiar. Natsu was blushing. I feel my checks get hot and I ask him, "Are you ok with this?" he shuffles his feet and responded with a small but simple nod.
We went upstairs to put our stuff in our room and get settled down for the night. I set my bag down on the table in the small room with a single bed and a couch. "Well here we are." I say. Natsu begins to blush again and replied, " Yea its kind of small for a hotel room. Ill sleep on the couch." Natsu set his small bag of provisions and laid down on the couch. " Are you sure? I don't exactly mind if you sleep in the bed and I sleep on the couch. " I volunteer. " Its fine Kai, you more rest then I do." he proceeds with a blush appearing on his face. I find my way to the bathroom and get ready for a good nights rest for the big day tomorrow. When I came back to where the bed was, Natsu and Happy were already sound asleep on the couch wrapped up in a blanket. I let out a soft giggle as I saw Natsu's chest rise and fall. I laid down in the cool bed, and shut my eyes.