Chapter 2

"Julia come on hurry up!" Gabe yells while clocking out.

"I'm coming I'm coming." I rush over and clock out too.

We grab our stuff and head out the door, joking about how I'm going to win even though I already know I'm going to lose. We're almost at our cars, so we talk about old memories with John and Sergio how they would always lose to me.

"Julia you ready?" He smiles getting into his car.

"Hell yeah!" I laugh throwing my stuff in the back.

We start out cars pull out of the parking lot onto the empty street in the back.

"After the 3 honks we go. Alright?" He looks over to me.

"Alright I'm ready." I start laughing.

Honk honk honk

All you could hear is our tires screeching. Of course he gets way ahead of me winning like always.

"Man Julia I wasn't even trying!" He starts laughing.

"Shut up" I yell back laughing.

"So food tonight?" He smiles at me.

"Nah Gabriel I'm really tired maybe tomorrow."

"Alright see you tomorrow." He says smiling at me then drives off.

I drive home thinking about how bad I lost once again. I really want to steal his car but every time I day that he says you would be taking me baby. He's such an idiot but I love him. He's the best friend anyone can have. I park my car and walk up the stairs to my apartment.

"Hey Julia" Mickey says waving to me. She's shorter than me even though she won't admit it. She's 5'5 with light brown hair. She's a dance teach and also one of my shift leaders at my work.

"Hey Mick." I take off my shoes and walk to my room to throw my stuff into my room.

"Long day?" She asks from the other room while eating popcorn.

"Yeah thank god you close tomorrow I wanted to kill Cat!" I yell back to her as I change into a big shirt.

"But at least you had Gabe right?" She pause the TV.

"Yeah he made it go by faster." I walk back to the living room and sit on the couch.

She plays the TV again, she was watching once upon a time. I pull out my phone and see that Gabe had requested to follow me on instagram. Okay cool I guess I've been friends with him for a couple years now but I've never really had his number or any social media. Weird right? But anytime we would go somewhere we would go and just meet up at that time. Our friendship was like if we grew up without phones. I then check snapchat and he added me there too within 5 minutes of each other.

"Okay weird..." I say out loud so Mickey can hear.

"What's weird?" She asks pausing the TV again.

"Gabe just added me on Snapchat and Instagram." I look up at her.

"You've known him for years and never had him on there?" She gives me a look like who the hell do you guys even talk.

"Yeah Gabe and I always talk like face to face. I don't even have his phone number." I look back at my phone to see that Gabe had messaged me through snapchat.

"Wow you guys are weird." She states and plays the TV again.

G is for Gabe....

G: Hey tonight was fun again sucks that you were tired tho.. 😣
Me: Yeah sorry you know it was a long day. 😝
G: Yeah next time we race though we should bet. 😏
Me:  Your just going to win again.. But okay 😂
G: Really? Okay but what should we bet?
Me: Idk Gabe it's up to you... You wanted to bet, you pick something.
G: But what if you don't want to do it?
Me: I'll do whatever just pick something Gabe. 😂
G: Nah Julia you pick something I'm up for anything 😏
Me: Same here you pick 😂 You know what I'm going to go to sleep we'll just talk about this tomorrow at work.
G: Alright Night.
Me: Sweet Dreams