And Now There's Grant

My family and i got to Florida and we were ready to have fun in the Universal parks*. We walked all the way to the Wizarding world of Harry Potter** and got in the unbelievably long line for the forbidden journey inside the Hogwarts castle. At the front of the line we found out that we had to sit four to a seat. I volunteered to sit alone and watched as my family got onto the ride. I got to my seat and noticed that I sat next to a boy who was a little taller than me and had a really nice smile as he greeted himself, " Hey, I'm Grant," he said.

"Hi," i answered.

" Do you have a name?" Grant sighed.

" Oh, sorry, I'm Astrid," i said and smiled.

The ride had then started and we soared through the Hogwarts Castle and all it's dangers.

As soon as the ride was over Grant turned to me and said, " canihaveyournumber," he said it so fast I didn't understand him. " your phone number... Can I have it?" He looked right at me and I couldn't help but say yes as I looked into his green eyes. It was not until that night where I seriously regretted giving my number to him because he was a complete stranger to me! But it had happened and next my whole family had to go to my dad's company dinner. I wore a casual dress, put my hair into a side braid and expected a boring evening of drunk 40+ year olds. Of course that wasn't the case.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵

In the dining hall, Grant came up behind me with his parents while I was eating and I found out that our parents were really good friends. I also figured out that Grant lived at least 20 minutes away from my house. Great. Calvin is gonna love this.

While our parents talked, Grant and I started to just walk around the hotel. There was a really big lake in the back of the hotel so we slowly made our way over there. We laid down by the edge of the water and watched the stars for a while since it was already dark outside. Grant talked about all the different constellations and how he wanted to be an astronomer," and you see that one?"he would say.

"Which one?" I replied.

Grant grabbed my hand and connected the dots of seven stars.

" That's Orion, he was a Greek soldier. But he died,"

"A lot of these people died Grant."

" Well everybody dies Ash."

" Oh, have I been given a nickname?" I squeezed his hand for a second and sat up.

" Ya, do you like it?" He then sat up.

" Well, yeah," I smiled and he smiled back. Then there was an awkward silence of us both just looking at each other until I asked, " What time is it?"

Grant looked at his phone," Ten PM."

" Crap we gotta get back to the dining hall." We made our way back to the dining hall and had to say our good byes before we met back with our parents.

" Hey I'll see you tomorrow maybe?" Grant said and I gave him a hug. He smelled like cut grass and Cologne. I let go and we departed for the time being.

******************

i don't own universal studios or anything that has to do with Harry Potter.

they belong to JK Rowling and whoever owns Universal.

Thank You

******************