Chapter 100 - This is your captain speaking

Brice watched as Jason tried to make his escape. Steve, from what he could hear, was still on the floor, so the execution rooms must be automatic. Unless Duncan pressed something, but it didn't sound like he did.

   "Really?" Duncan laughed, "That's a stupid name. You are terrible at making up names on the spot. Curaxu? What parent looks at their kid and says 'Yeah let's name him Curaxu'? Do you really think I believe that's your name?" Duncan raised his voice a bit, then seemed to notice the mic, "Hey, uh, Curaxu- I still don't believe that's you're name- Steve's wearing a headset with a mic. I think these guys can hear me." Duncan said.

    There was the sound of him reaching down and plucking the headset off Steve, "Alright, whatever, their situation can't get much worse. The.. middle one? Okay." As Duncan lifted it up and sat it on the desk, his voice got progressively clearer.

     That.... that wasn't Duncan.

    "Hello, this is your captain speaking.." The person who they thought was Duncan chuckled.

    Brice's eyes widened.

    It was Mitch.

   Mitch pressed the button, and there was a grating sound from the door. Sqaishey stumbled backwards as the wall beyond the door slowly lifted.

    Seto glanced at Brice, his face showing happiness and confusion. Brice looked at him as the doorway cleared, "What's with the change of heart?" Seto questioned.

  Brice gave an exaggerated shrug, turning his gaze back to the doorway before replying, "Let's find out." As the wall completely disappeared, Brice walked out of the room.