✯eight✯

The aftermath of Calum's message was as if an atomic bomb had been set upon the fans of 5 Seconds of Summer.

Some were in tears over the revelation, others were still eternally pissed off at his wrong doings. Many were very supportive of his choice while some were mad at the remaining members of the band for kicking Calum out.

It had trended, according to some update accounts, for more than six hours at number one.

I raised an eyebrow as I scrolled through some of the responses.

"What?" Calum asked anxiously. He was hovering over my shoulder yet didn't want to look.

"It's nowhere near as bad as I expected," I told him.

Calum's eyes were suddenly focusing on the screen.

After years of loving tweets from fans, it was clear Calum was not used to this amount of hate.

"I thought you said it wasn't that bad," Calum complained.

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's not that bad, honestly."

"Really? Then why's that person telling me to kill myself?"

"I'm sure people told you to kill yourself before this."

"That person said they're unstanning Five Sauce because of me."

"The next reply is about how they'll never not support you."

Calum let out a breath of exasperation. "Whatever. It doesn't matter anymore."

I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean?"

He ran a hand through his hair roughly before plopping down into the chair next to me.

"I meant it when I said I accept that they don't want me in the band," he said. "So I guess I've got to move on from it."

I frowned. "Wait, so you're just giving up? I took a punch to the face only for you to give up?"

Calum shrugged. "It's not worth it anymore. Maybe I'll be able to start a solo career--hell, maybe even help my sister with her singing career."

Even though I knew I had no real say, I was kind of pissed. Not only did I now have a black eye due to my selfless personality, but I also wasted time on him when I should have been doing more constructive things.

"That's ridiculous," I told him. "What are you going to do? Where are you even going to stay?"

Calum let out an aggravated huff. "To Hell if I know." He was quiet for a second. "I could stay here, right?"

"Not forever," I said.

He responded quickly, "Of course, I just meant until I got back on my feet."

"Listen, Calum, I didn't get punched in the face for no reason."

Calum groaned. "Forget about it, alright? I didn't mean to," he snapped. It was a total 180° from his previously apologetic state. I glared at him.

"I'm not going to forget it," I told him, eternally pissed. "Piece of shit."

"You know what? Fuck you." Calum stood up, pushing away from the kitchen table. "I don't even have to deal with a bitch like you."

"Where are you gonna go then, huh?" I yelled at his back.

Calum froze. He brought his arms back behind his head, stretching as he let out a defeated groan. I could see the muscles bulging in his biceps and I kicked myself for giving him a short sleeved shirt.